or Connect

Posts by wmiller

Had one, didn't like it. I wanted a putter that has a heavier head than normal, to better smooth out my stroke. Got the heavy putter and most of the weight was in the handle, not the head.   It spent about 6 months in the garage, then I threw it in the trash. I put some heavier weights in my Coronado and got what I wanted.
I might love a course like that. No cart tracks scrawled all over the fairway, dead spots/holes where a cart drove through a puddle, etc..   It would certainly keep many of the fatter butts off the course if they couldn't squeeze their largess into a riding cart. Might even speed up play too, around here anyway, as most walkers I play with are fairly good, and don't waste a lot of time. That could vary in different areas though.   Sure would be nice to try. Maybe...
But as others have stated in other threads, being good at something doesn't qualify one to teach. It wouldn't be much of a stretch to say it doesn't qualify one to analyze does it? I can make up my own mind/opinion with regards to a player or tournament. I do not need a has-been bespeaking the obvious. But it does make fodder for the golf boards.   And I don't buy the 'best in the world' comment about the pga players either. They are just the best ones with position...
I have found that if I take a couple of Excedrin before the round, spend about 15-20 minutes stretching out the back and hamstring muscles, I can play pretty pain free. Then, if necessary (about half the time) a couple Advil at the turn.   That and I walk. When I try riding, I end up crippled and suffering for days afterward.
I play a 9 normally from 135-145yds, depending on the type of shot needed. I 'may' still be able to hit it 150, but it wouldn't be very accurate... 
Ah. Got the original confused with some of the replies. My bad.   I should leave the mental masturbation to the arm chair quarterbacks and go play more golf I guess.  :)
And how many pga pros can't finish in the top 150, lose their card, can't keep their card from year to year, never make a cut the entire year, etc., etc..? Lots. Your data doesn't prove anything against the original premise. I can make a list just like yours full of bottom feeders on the pga tour. So what. I'm sure there are amateurs that can regularly beat the bottom 20% of the pga tour too.   I think the original question was could a scratch player/amateur ...
Sorry, but 'scratch' doesn't mean 'long'. I play with a few guys who break par just as often as they shoot over, and only two hit a 9 iron 150. The others hit 8. None hit a PW. I have seen young guys hit a PW that far. But they never hit a green with one while I was watching.   And as you have no experience with these players, I can tell you from experience that the pros I have played with can throw a 6 iron inside a scratch's 8 more often than not. That's why they...
I am the same way (lefty playing right handed), and got this all the time. The one pro I worked with, was of a similar mindset to your pro. She worked on making a swing work with my physical makeup, not trying to force me into a pre-conceived mold. That was over 20 years ago, and I still shoot in the 70s. Don't practice either, just play every Sunday.  
Cannot speak to Eye2s, but I have ISI nickels, i3 Blades, and S57s and have no difficulty controlling distance with any of them. Played with the nickels today for the first time, and while they are a tad longer than my i3s, once I adjusted, they were very consistent. Shot 5 over with 'em.  :)