or Connect

Posts by avmech

About a month ago: Odyssey Tank Cruiser 7 About a week ago: Vokey SM5 50, 56, 60 degree wedges in Raw Black
Back to my usual workout, little of everything. Back because I was not working out due to an ankle problem in my subtalar joint cartilage from an old injury. Now wearing a brace, but hitting the gym nevertheless. Also riding my bicycle as much as possible.
Welcome from south-east FL
Moppy hope yours is a quick and uneventful recovery. I am up the road in Jupiter. Had two bouts of no golf, or anything else for that matter: heart attack in June 2012 and rotator cuff surgery last October. The surgery was the "killer" as it was 5 months before I could play. That said, 3 weeks after surgery doc said to practice putting, then about 3 weeks later, practice chipping. Then about 3 months, start swinging a club slowly building up to speed, with no ball. ...
That should be airplane is before golf..................As far as retirement, that will probably happen about 2 years after I die...............58 and counting
Because golf comes before work in the dictionary! Aw crap, airplane is before work:cry:
I hear the Brooklyn Bridge is for sale again.....................................and there is some oceanfront property for sale just east of Las Vegas........   Definitely suckered, hook, line, and sinker
First time I ever played was in college in 1974, at one of the Bethpage courses, don't remember which one. Could not hit the broadside of a barn, much less the ball, but we got hammered and had fun. Fast forward to the late 1980s, started playing a little for about a year, then moved on. Came back to it in 1997 and have stuck with it. Do not play as much as I would like, work has a tendency to get in the way of it................. Had rotator cuff surgery last October, my...
For what it is worth I had no pain when I had my heart attack 2 years ago.....................................just a lot of pressure in my left shoulder.   I also had rotator cuff surgery on my left side this past October, with a bone spur removed and one tendon reattached.  Took it slow, did all my PT and home exercises.  I have no problems playing golf nowadays, 9 months after surgery, just working on regaining distance.  No pain whatsoever.   Take it easy and do...
I messed up my left shoulder while working out at the gym last year, did not hurt when I was golfing though.  Had xray that showed among other things a bone spur.  Did the MRI, it also showed a "small" tear.  Had surgery in October   last year.  The "small" tear turned out to be a tendon that completely separated and had folded back on itself, which is what I think caused the pain.  Bone spur removed, tendon reattached.  My orthopedist was pretty aggressive with treatment....