or Connect

Posts by Shanks A Million

Jaywun gives good advice. I'd be careful of most advice though, as people tend to give it based on what has been working for them recently. Your problems are nearly all that your swing is a lot of nature, and not a lot of nurture. You need to work on what he said, you want to use your body, not your hands to swing the club.
Ah, nice try though. With the flat takeaway, over plane downswing, and big flip, there's just no way. You may be able to get hold of one here and there, but that's about it. Again, it was a nice try though Here's a hint. Next time you try to make such a silly claim, remember that the USGA has limited COR, MOI, head size, shaft length, and nearly every other factor that can be used to make a driver longer. The sweet spot just can't be made much bigger, and the idea...
He made a hole in one while I was watching him play at Disney. With a 4 iron none the less. That was pretty cool.
Confirmed by a Bridgestone staffer today.Apparently the reason was that Titleist wouldn't continue paying him the same amount.
Because we're not idiots. My whole bag is full of forged clubs, except the wedges. The CG12 feels a bit harder than the Nikes, because it's made from a bit harder steel. The 588 feels a lot harder, because it's made of a lot harder steel. Make sense?
You've taken my words well out of context. I said when I strike it well, my trajectory is about the same as a tour pro. They hit the ball roughly 100 feet into the air with every club, where they land fairly softly. I went out onto the range and watched them hit, and I found they hit the ball no higher or farther than I did on their average strike, vs. my good strike. Like I said, the main difference is that they do it every time, and they control the direction much...
It's generally money. Pros don't really care what name they wear, but some do. All companies can pretty much make them a club to fit, or will let them use a club that fits them. Go to a PGA Tour event, and you'll see all sorts of clubs in the bags. Tom Lehman, for example, has a driver that was around 4 years old.
Not really sure what's with all the little details mentioned, the problem is as clear as day, it's all arms and hands. You use your arms and hands to swing the club, and you flip the club well before impact. That's pretty much all there is to work on for now. These are really common mistakes for a beginner.
It really does amaze me how much ignorance still persists in the whole forged vs cast debate. Forging is a process, and doesn't have any affect on the feel. What matters is the steel that's used. Almost all forged clubs use soft steel, which is what you feel the difference in. Clubmakers will be able to bend a forged iron more than a cast one because it has a more formed grain structure, but that's about it.Can you tell forged from cast? Absolutely not. Can you tell...
Short game and mental game is the difference between + handicaps and tour pros, yes. There's no denying that. The problem is, no one pointed that out. The average handicapper will do better to work on his full swing, to get his club on plane and hands ahead of the ball at impact.