or Connect

Posts by ohiolefty

Lots of thoughts here, and my game with my wedges (140 and in to greenside chips) is the best part of my game. I'll just rattle some things off that you can take or leave.     On full or semi-full shots, making clean, "ball-first" contact is crucial. It should be easy with a LW because it has the shortest shaft in your bag, but if you can't hit it flush, you're better not to use it at all. If you can hit it flush, then the rest of what any of us might say will...
I just hope the launch of the R11S brings the price of the original R11 down even further (retailing everywhere for about 299, now).   As for the fairway woords...the Rocketballz thing seems interesting, but I can't buy a product called "Rocketballz". I just can't. I'd be mortified to tell someone what club it was after hitting a nice shot with it. I'll just wait till some other company (essentially) rips off whatever technological gains the RBZ fairway makes, and...
I'll play as long as the course is playable.   However, if it's cold and windy and they don't allow carts that day - I can't play. I have a disc issue in my back and, although I prefer to walk, when it gets around freezing or lower it gets hard to walk 18 holes because of the exposure to the cold. If it's not too terribly windy and if I'm feeling decent that day, I can usually do it.
Yup. I keep the bagtag and give the usually less-than-stylish hat to my dad. I just like supporting the organization.
Does he also market a line of products with the word "Hammer" anywhere in the title?  
Man, kind of 'reverse pyramid' organization to this, given the thread title.
Once we get into leaf season, or crazy cold....I buy Slazengers in a bag or play with whatever junk, rock ball I can find.   Everything's so damned soft anyway once we hit November in Ohio, there's not an incredible difference. It's much harder to shape a shot, and you'll occasionally get more inconsistencies, but it's not that big of a deal. I'd love to use an AD333 or a DT Solo (I prefer the AD333, by the way...if we're "talkin' junk") but who cares! Junk is junk....
I vote mostly Democrat, even though I'm way left of the Democratic party on things, and certainly way left of Obama (who's a centrist that many nutjobs call a Commie because it's more socially acceptable than direct racial attacks, or because they heard it on some hate machine program, or both, but who really cares). All that being said, I think the guy's been a tremendous dissapointment as a President.   STILL...   The guy doesn't play too much golf. He doesn't...
Thanks, and I"ve tried that. It somewhat works...I adjust trajectory pretty well, and try this to hit low cuts - I do better with it using a scoring club than a longer iron, though. The cut thing seems like a no-brainer (most of the time) with the driver because it's so much easier to control in the air and on the ground (see contoured fairways).   I'm mainly looking for little 'wind cheats' guys may use, cutting the ball, into the wind with long clubs. More loft is...
Columbus is within 90 minutes of most of Ohio's great golf, IMO. I'm not a fan of the city myself...but good luck!