or Connect

Posts by delav

'Looks of a players iron?'  You've got to be kidding me.  
  I think that these are two pretty different sets of irons sharing the same design language as TM looks to push the weight-cartridge technology.     Chances are the weight, width, offset, loft, CG, MOI, etc are very different between these two.  After all, the R11 is to replace the R9 line, not really the TP line of clubs.   Now whether or not TM should introduce new products as often as they do... who cares.  It means cheaper sets of R9s for all.  
This isn't what you want to try to do.
Practice taking a slow backswing with your butt 6-8" away from a wall or a fence.  You should be able to take a normal backswing without sending the clubhead into the surface behind you.   In particular, I've working on feeling the left wrist hinge "up" earlier in the backswing, which helps keep the clubhead outside the hands.  In doing so, a good thought is to keep the butt of the grip pointing at your belt on the takeaway.  Working with those together should help...
Great swing for a younger player!  Keep encouraging him as he works on a few changes.   There are a few things I'd work on ingraining early in his swing: 1.  At setup get him to bend a bit more at the waist and feel more weight on the balls of his feet. 2.  Help him work on turning his shoulders steeper (around his spine).  Right now it's a bit too flat. 3.  Work on impact.  He isn't moving his hips forward toward the target, causing him to flip (hook) through...
  Having seen your swing on the instruction forum, I think a heavier-weight stiff or x-stiff shaft will get you where you want to be.  My swing speed is between 108-112 with the driver, and I found that the x-stiff gave me the spin and dispersion I was looking for without any sacrifice of distance.  Golf becomes much easier playing from the fairway.     What head are you currently hitting?   I know the ropes of being a college student and yet wanting new...
The MP57 is a great club, but I also really liked the 962 for the 10 years it was in my bag.  Something to consider - what do you require for irons to fit well?  I'm a big proponent of finding something that works and sticking with it, but I'm also cheap.   An off the rack set is expensive to make fit (in my case about $200 for bend, grips and lengthen), which makes switching clubs a bit costly. If your standard/standard/standard, this is obviously a mute...
Give them a little bit of time.  They may not be perfect, but unless your a low-index player they shouldn't be hurting your game too much.  If you're hitting big hooks, make sure you're not flipping through impact.  Even a fade-bias club can hook badly in the hands of a flipper.   I'll typically turn the ball over a bit more with a draw bias club, but it's something that you can compensate for with setup and ball position.  And... it may help instill proper mechanics...
Most new wedges will tear into the ball until they are worn-in.  My vokeys are in their 3rd season and play wonderfully.
This probably isn't true.  Take a slow motion face-on video and watch your hands and clubhead before and after impact, flipping IS picking the ball up.  It's almost impossible to properly hit down on the ball without taking a divot afterwards.   Take a gander:   http://thesandtrap.com/forum/thread/38588/flipping-at-impact-master-thread