or Connect

Posts by treebound

I got the rest of the ferrules pushed back where they belong last night, ran them under running hot water and then pushed with a tight fitting wrench. I learned something.  Now if it was June instead of October I'd have a chance to try these out on a course, but I'll at least give them a try on a couple buckets of balls at lunch and then decide if I like how they feel.
Thanks for the replies. I took one of the clubs and put it under hot running tap water for a bit, then pushed the ferrule with a wrench that just cleared the shaft, one good shove and the ferrule slid right up next to the hosel and closed the gap. I'll look for an appropriate tool and do the rest another day. Thanks again.
Okay, thanks, I'll have to do some measuring to check the lengths compared to each other, I'll also take a closer look at the ferrules.
I think I'm going to revisit getting some club building tools. I've experimented with two different clubs in the past and messed them both up (too much heat melting/softening a graphite shaft) and trying to do it without a puller is a sure recipe for a mess-up. (Turning this thread into a club building session) One youtube video I looked at showed the guy mixing beads into the epoxy blend, another one didn't use beads. There also seems to be a variety of pullers and...
Hopefully these pics work, it looks like the ferrule extends into the club head. If the ferrule was just a simple ring then I wouldn't be concerned, but these look to me like the heads started sliding off the shafts. Oh, the set also included the sand wedge
I picked up a set of Apex FTX irons, 3-9+E, included a Hogan Edge 22* hybrid. I don't know how I missed this, but when I got them home and started to clean them up I noticed a good gap between the hosel and the neck of the heads.Probably a good 1/8th of an inch on most of them. It was almost as if they were supposed to be that way. I haven't built or assembled any clubs so I don't know what it takes or what it would cost to fix these. It looks like the heads have slipped...
There are also a variety of videos around, some older, some more recent, that give examples of situations where the various rules apply and what the player's options are.   http://www.usga.org/rules.aspx?id=7788   Also check youtube and vimeo for more options.
7 years old and I was out wandering around in the woods with an axe and a hatchet with some friends chopping down small trees and building small forts, I think some even had BB guns at the time. Nobody died, nobody got shot or kidnapped, nobody went to the hospital or got lost.  Sometimes we'd ride bicycles to a small store several miles away and crossing a busy 4-lane highway/roadway to get candy and snacks. But times have changed and the nanny state is in full force....
If you look in the bags of a lot of really good players you will generally find a variety of clubs and rarely a "complete" full set. My interpretation is that they use what works for them, or what feels good to them, or what they are sponsored to play (either paid to play those clubs, or gifted the clubs to play them). It would be possible for someone to use a full set of a single manufacturer, and there might be a few players to do just that, but if you extend your...
The question was about satisfaction in golf, not in how well one plays (if so then it was not clarified).  If someone enjoys the game regardless of their score then they could be absolutely satisfied in golf and never break 100. Now if the question was about absolute satisfaction with one's golf skills and doing their own personal best potential, then maybe not. But with "satisfaction" being a very subjective word open to individual interpretation that might be applied at...