or Connect

Posts by treebound

When I used to play a lot in California I regularly found non-conforming smaller diameter golf balls that were lost in the rough. So  many that I notched the back flap of my rule book with the width to match the conforming diameter just so I could more quickly check balls.   Using non-conforming clubs or other equipment just for fun, no problem with it personally, like the longest length driver video posted above. (how far does he hit that thing?)   But if you're...
It always seems like their release cycle is way less than 6 months.
Haven't tried those yet. I mostly just haunt the used rack so they don't have to tape up new clubs when I hit the demo bays. I'll keep my eyes open next time I head to the store at lunch.
I'm still kicking around the idea of swapping out my driver and I'm noticing something interesting. My current driver is a Taylormade R11S which I've been thinking of swapping for a Stage 2 Rocketbalz driver, basically going a year or so newer and matching my 3wood (I really like my 3wood). As to the R11S, mainly I don't hit it well (mostly me), and it is LOUD (I think they built an amplifier into the club somehow). And what I'm noticing is that the R11S is seeming to...
Bushnell Tour V3 rangefinder. Wanted one all last year and decided to get one today instead of upgrading my irons.
Well, sometimes I turn left when I planned to turn right. Picked up a laser rangefinder today, Bushnell V3 with the hard case Patriot Package. I'd been thinking about one all of last season and today figured one would benefit me more than different irons. I still might swap out clubs some this season once people start actively trading stuff in, but the rangefinder will help me sort out yardages easier than pacing off shots and relying upon driving range flags. Okay, now...
How do the PGATSS's compare to places like Golfsmith and GolfGalaxy and others? I see there are a few of them south of me down in Illinois, might have to visit one next time I'm down that way.
I woke up this morning thinking about rangefinders. Just goes to show that there is always something.
Came home empty handed, but that's okay. Almost bought a used driver, almost bought some new grips, then started wondering if it was worth the cost of regripping a set of clubs versus applying that cost towards new or used different irons, then decided I'd be better off test hitting various brands and models a bit longer before prying open my wallet. But I had fun, and in the end as long as I had fun with something golf related then it was a good day. And in the mean time...
I'm going to visit GolfGalaxy and Golfsmith today and sort out my thoughts. But I woke up this morning thinking about just regripping my W/S Ci9 irons and picking up a couple tools as well like a shaft vise/gripper and maybe a head puller. I might even just try regripping the clubs myself. Who knows how this day will go, might come back with grips and tools, or might come back with different clubs. My wife is going to a baby shower down near there so I'll have a couple of...