or Connect

Posts by Taggsy

Thanks for the suggestion mchepp, I'll give it a read!   I've managed to get hold a copy of "Science & Golf 1", I've heard there's plenty of interesting jazz in there.   Erik, I was only joking about the tour instructor thing - besides, you know Sean Foley's teaching tour pros now too? ;)   Have a great Christmas gents, I'm off back to work!
Honest answer; I don't know, because I don't 100% understand 100% of TGM. If I did, I'd more likely be teaching tour professionals than answering your question on this forum    I'll give you a more thorough answer though; There are a couple of different sections to the book. For the most part, TGM is a catalogue simply giving names to different motions you can make during the swing. Kelley divided the swing into 12 sections, the body into 3 zones, different motions into...
  And I contend that by definition, by removing the left arm you have destroyed the Triangle Assembly, and in doing so the whole Power Package concept. Ergo, there are no power accumulators on Dave's swing whatsoever. If you're happy admit the actions of the "ghost" accumulators are the same as the actual accumulators, what's the difference between Dave's one-handed and two-handed backswings?     You've completely misunderstood what the first accumulator is. It's...
  Removing the left arm doesn't prevent the use of the 2nd, 3rd and 4th accumulators, it simply means you cannot cock the left hand, roll the left hand, or change the angle between the left arm and chest... Sound like an oxymoron? Let me explain;   The 1st accumulator is the bending of the right arm. If Dave had used that in isolation on his backswing, this is what would have happened;   Right arm bends at elbow. Right hand moves towards right shoulder. Angle...
  Hi Etzwane, thank you for your post, and for making an excellent point! I totally agree with you on one aspect, but disagree on a couple of others.   I’m with you 100% when you say you can “beat” centrifugal force by “actively” uncocking your left wrist on the downswing. But what exactly does that entail, and how would we know when you’re in complete control of the uncocking and there’s no centrifugal force involved?  Well, an easy test would be this; at any point on...
Thank you for the link and informing me! I genuinely didn't know who he was, and I would be very interested in learning from him how and why I'm wrong. I feel the answer he gave Erik is incomplete (in that it doesn't fully explain Hitting and Swinging), but the quotes I've used from the book itself does- or at least does to me! Stating I didn't know who Mr Evans is wasn't supposed to be a glib remark, and I'm very sorry if it came across that way.      Hi Mchepp, It...
How many of you watched him hit balls for the whole four and a half minutes?  lol
That's an excellent description of a Hitting stroke! (You could rotate your shoulders if you wanted to- that's the Pivot.)   "It's also the feeling I have at impact along with the normal centripetal rotation, hence my comment that I swing + hit at impact."   Ok, now I see where we were getting confused. What you see and feel at (preferably just after) Impact, where the clubshaft and left arm are in line - that part there is exactly the same for Hitting and Swinging. But...
    You don't have to be "fairly certain" about anything in The Golfing Machine. It's all there and very explicit- it's just difficult to find! I'm sorry to say I don't know who Chuck Evans is, but I welcome him to read my post and point out where I'm wrong, why I'm wrong, and do so by quoting directly from The Golfing Machine, just as I have. You'll understand if I don't just take his word for it.   "Homer Kelley had the opinion that a golfer could PUSH or PULL the...
Could you tell me what you think Hitting is?