or Connect

Posts by The_Pharaoh

As long as the player doesn't sway off the ball and then have trouble getting their weight forward at impact. If a student of mine manages to get most of their weight back over their left leg at impact despite doing this, I leave it. If my student does this and then tends to hang back during impact, I ask them to stablise the knee. Obviously, this doesn't automatically solve the issue but helps give the student a feeling of staying move centered during the backswing.
  How were you hitting the ball prior to the drill and then afterwards? Was there any change?   I know you say you are not sure, but it seems weird you would think he was trying to get you to stay down by doing this drill when it was quite clearly a hook drill.   Like Erik, I'm not a fan of this drill. I admit to using it earlier on in my teaching career, but noticed it had the effect of making people swing the club too much to the inside and then lift their arms up. I...
  Of course local knowledge matters but that is simply having had the chance to putt and see which way the ball breaks! But what if you don't have that opportunity and it is your first time playing that course? Course architects are smart little buggers and know that 99% of golfers are going to eye the break, so they include designs that fool the golfer if they rely only on their eyes. The great thing about Aimpoint is that you cannot be tricked. You can make an error...
  Aimpoint is not a magic wand and nobody is saying it is. IMHO it is another weapon in a golfer's arsenal. All I'm recommending is that you actually take an Aimpoint course or read up on it first before you dismiss it out of hand. Aimpoint will give you a very good idea of the undulations of any green and from that, based on their recommend optimal (capture) speed, you can figure out where you need to start your putt to have the best chance of making it. It is...
  I've been reading your comments in this thread and I have some advice for you. Stop trying to be a smart aleck and start listening to people that know a lot more than you about golf instruction. I know your type as I have given them many lessons. They turn up for a lesson expecting the instructor to touch them with a magic wand and have them winning the US Open the next week. Tell you what, buddy, it ain't gonna happen. If it were the case, I'd have used the magic wand...
  Don't be afraid to 'interview' a number of golf instructors before reaching for your wallet. I have absolutely no problem if a potential student wants to sit down with me to discuss his concerns or even hit a few balls on the range talking about swing theories. If you think golf instruction in the US is slow to get with it, spare a thought for Spain. 99.9% of instructors teach the OBFL, moving off of the ball during the backswing, maintaining right knee flex, rotating...
  From what I'm seeing, shorter lessons but more often is more beneficial than the 30 mins/hour lesson once a week/two weeks approach. Unfortunately, this approach is difficult to change as the majority of students can't get to the range 3-4 times a week. In fact, most are delighted if they have time to attend their weekly lesson!
Good idea - will do.
Paramor told Sky Sports. “He’s kind of been asked not to come back and that’s how the matter’s been resolved.”
Does anybody know of a good website with a large list of games, practice drills (on and off the course) for good (0-4 handicap) junior golfers (12-16 years of age). I am constantly trying to keep them motivated by freshening up their practice sessions? Any help would be greatly appreciated.