or Connect

Posts by Deryck Griffith

The end of the swing is defined by the individuals swing and what works best for them.  The end position and or length will then be decided between the golfer and instructor (in person or online ie. Golf Evolution).  However, I think what can be agreed upon across the board and going to Erik's point in Post #2 and #4 is that many golfers go WAY past all the "varied shorter back swing lengths" that exist.
 I would be willing to bet the added distance is mostly from more center club face contact with the ball.  A lot of people forget the power of center contact on the club face and how that makes a tremendous difference in distance.  So you can have a shorter back swing and even though you may "feel" or literally aren't swinging as fast, your distance will be the same or further because the aforementioned shorter back swing will give you (everyone) the best opportunity to...
Not under any circumstance is it acceptable to purposely hit into a group, no matter how slow, clueless or ignorant they may be.  If you hit someone and they die, you will be screwed for the rest of your life.  It isn't worth it.  You are better off catching up to them somehow and having a discussion about their slow play OR contacting the clubhouse to have a Marshall come and try to speed up the pace.
I'm not too sure if sit-ups are the best thing you should be doing to loosen up your back .....
This is a good find...   I played baseball at a high level and never liked using doughnuts on my bat while in the on deck circle.  Similar to what the article has explained, I would always feel like my swing was "off' or "weird" after taking several big hacks with the doughnut on so I always figured it would be best to take those swings normally with my bat and stretch out prior to entering the batters box.   That being the case, in golf I've never attempted to use any...
Firstly, that's a really nice hole of what it appears to be a wonderful golf course.  Very cool. Secondly, I can certainly see what you mean by this example.  To hit a shot that far to the left to either curve to that house and or travel on a straight line to said house would be incredibly difficult and only accomplished by the strongest golfers who hit the ball far enough to get it there (that also depends on the tee box you are playing from.  If someone decided to tee it...
 It is this part that I am concerned with.  And in reality, as it pertains to seeing it through and the principle of it all, at the end of the day, the golfing public wasn't fully aware of all of that was happening, the golfing public really doesn't give a damn and lastly with it being fully publicized, it kind of in a way has been brought onto himself and now he, and only he will have to deal with it while trying to change golf history.  So if he truly doesn't care about...
Considering the scale of money that's involved here, I don't know why Rory just doesn't settle with Horizon for the 2M or so they want to make it go away and just move on with his life...   If this drags on for much longer, I'm sure the Lawyer fees won't fall far from that amount anyway?
Houses on golf course are obviously never "in the line of play."  They are out of play were most of the amateur golfing population potentially can and will hit a stray shot.  I myself have hit and seen some pretty bad shots (that weren't intended to be reckless) that have gone WELL out of play and well within the range of a house that's "out of play."
 Exactly.  What's wrong with being proactive rather than reactive and putting up the net?  There are very clear and "understood" risks to buying a house on a golf course?