or Connect

Posts by Deryck Griffith

This is gold.
You mentioned the left wrist being bowed at A6 which is the famous position most of us dream of getting to.   Can you give a quick explanation on the "feeling" you also have with the right wrist on obtaining that position?  Do you feel like the right wrist turns down and "cups backward" when going from A4 to A6? 
The way I see it, why would I wait until the 3rd or 4th hole before I'm "in the groove and now feeling it" when I can get those early cobwebs out of the way on the range and stand on the first tee ready to go?   For me, a quick stretch (a quick stretch if time is limited is better than no stretch) and 20 or so balls on the range is all that's really necessary (even though I can hit more balls if I have more time).  The purpose of those 20+ balls is to 1. get loose and 2....
 It's funny how life works.  Guess who had a front seat view of one of Tiger's greatest shots ever (the one from the fairway bunker on #18 at Glenn Abbey in the 2000 Canadian Open)? Yup, Grant Waite.  He finished second and was paired with Tiger in the final round. Guess who was the new up and coming brainiac instructor at the Abbey during that time?  Sean Foley...
 Funny thing is, most of the people in the field every week who are considered "great golfers" don't even have 8 wins in their careers.  The bar for Tiger is so high he himself can't even reach it anymore.  The media is crazy.  Tiger has 79 wins in his career and based on what we've been hearing lately, you would think he is a washed up has been.
While this is surprising news, it isn't all that surprising when you really think about it in hindsight.  Tiger's body language the last several months is exactly the same body language he had towards the end of his run with Haney.  As we all know, Haney walked away and did so before Tiger could fire him as he knew it was coming.  So history in a way repeats itself.   I don't dislike Sean and think he is a good coach but the fit, again in hindsight, didn't seem to be...
 Yup. Bubba to me is a "fake nice guy." 
 Correct, pretty much NO chance.... They do.  I'm very curious about the forgiveness while still being a "players"  MP iron.  This will probably be a replacement to the Mp59 and more forgiving.  One thing about Mizuno, I love their irons but man do I dislike their naming sequence.
You can bet Tiger wanted to make the cut (and did). He needs tournament reps, badly.  There is only the WGC Bridgestone he's going to play in before the PGA Championship.  Even though he pretty much doesn't have a chance this weekend (even though anything is possible), he'll use the weekend to sharpen his tournament play conditioning in an attempt to iron out the rust.  Again, reps.
Tiger just ripped a 3 wood down 18 into the wind 300 yards.   I'm not sure what the game plan was today but he literally hit his driver today like an 8 handicap.  Nike needs to build him a frankenwood 3 wood like Callaway did for Phil.    He just can't consistently hit the driver anymore and it's in his head.  Build him a strong, deep faced 3 wood that's shorter than the driver so he can play 285 yard line drives that roll out to 300-310 yards.