or Connect

Posts by Deryck Griffith

The more I think about it, only a magazine/company that is in decline would find the need to do something like this  Just a guess (I could be wrong). That's all fine and dandy.  Still doesn't explain why they couldn't have placed at least 1 LPGA golfer on their cover in the last 6+ years (that's what, +/- 72 covers or so and not at least 1 LPGA player).  There is no excuse.
All of your points are valid if and only if, over the last several years GD had found it worth their while to place a LPGA player on their cover.  I'm all for cross promoting to the general masses with celebrities (male or female) who enjoy golf and are involved with the game in some fashion (like Paulina is) but it's inexcusable to completely exclude relevant female golfers from the cover for this amount of time.  The LPGA should be pissed.  The leading Golf Print...
 As a Canadian and to throw a couple of things into the conversation, all lot of Moe Norman's mental limitations / "madness" was mostly due to the fact that his social issues and difficulties apparently stemmed from Aspergers syndrome.  From when he was born to the 50s and 60s when he was in his prime to compete, there wasn't much knowledge (if any really) on diseases / syndromes like Aspergers.  So, back then, it would be easy to label him as a crazy man.  Interestingly...
 Touche.......
Instead of 1 2 3 4, you can put in that section their current strokes gained position in the tournament.  Have the graphic in red (with the number of course) if they are in the negative in strokes gained and have the graphic in green if they are in the positive.  If I tune in during the middle of a Saturday let's say, I can immediately see if the particular player I'm currently watching is hot with the putter (or not) and compare it to their position on the leaderboard...
I can only speak for myself but the issues I had revolved around weight shift and pressure.  Erik can probably get into more detail but Pujols weight below at impact is much different than Tiger's at impact. You can get away with the Pujols position MAYBE with the driver (not even really) but with irons, not a chance.  To hit the ball before the turf on impact with the golf swing, the way weight and pressure moves in the baseball swing is completely different and doesn't...
 Haha.  Those 4 days off are indeed great for the Golf game!  I know some guys who played (and other who still are playing) in the Majors and the stories of the "pitchers" playing in between starts are good ones! I agree with the mental aspect; specifically, mindset.  The one thing though when I started playing golf seriously 6 or so years ago; my muscle memory tendency to "push off" of the mound with the inner part of my right foot translated very well to Key #2 "weight...
 I was fortunate to play baseball at a high level (Ontario Blue Jays followed NCAA Div 1).  I was primarily a pitcher when I got to University but before that, both a pitcher and center fielder.  From my own experience, without a doubt, my weight transfer in golf has everything to do with my experience as a pitcher and zero to do with my experience hitting a baseball.  In fact, everything positive I brought over from baseball to Golf was from pitching.  If you look at many...
Interesting that Bubba withdraws because of "allergies" after a round where he drowned 3 balls into the water carded an 11 and isn't ripped for faking it, being a quitter or only "withdrawing" because he was playing poorly.    It's just Bubba being Bubba...   I was disappointed to see Ryo Ishikawa post a 74.  He went out early today and had a chance to position himself very nicely for the weekend. 
 Hope you learned your lesson in all of this. Improvement in such a technical game/sport like golf takes work. You have to first commit to the work before anything else.  Great to see you are finally starting to do that with Mike. Good luck - he will definitely get you going int he direction that you want to go.