or Connect

Posts by coachjimsc

Cherokee Valley Golf Club, Tigerville, SC     Signature hole #15 par 3 213yds. 
What I am working on now that seems to be helping is starting the downswing sooner.
 I would choose Willbrook. But the $28 adder is a little steep. Usually you get what you pay for at Myrtle Beach courses however. 
Adding a very short Vlog, if you want to even call it that, from our golf league tonight. One tee shot, one approach shot. Just wanting to check the elbow.     17th hole Par 4 384yds.     Second shot from 121yds GW. Couldn't film anymore as there were threatening skies closing in fast.    Ended up shooting even on the back tonight. My lowest score on this nine all year. 7 fairways/6 GIR.   The 3/4 backswing was my swing key thought for the night.
Some video updates of a few practice sessions I've had recently.   On a side note, the jumping move I had been working on previously is out for the foreseeable future. Unfortunately when I try to do this move my back says no you don’t. I have changed my workout routine to include more core exercises which has helped a ton with everything except this move.    First pictures are from Sunday working on keeping the right  F&*^%$#@ elbow closer to my rib cage on the...
 You have picked a pretty good lineup IMO, except for Grand Dunes I have played them all. My ranking from least to best:Willbrook - very good course. Some tight holes but not very long.Pawley's - Haven't played there in about 13 yrs but what I remember is a great course. A few holes are on the marsh.Wachesaw - One of my favorite courses at the beach. Tom Fazio design, lots of variety, long holes, short holes, tight holes. Based on the temps that time of the year (47-68...
USPS has been busy today.
I had my Ping belly putter cut down a few months ago. About 3 inches. Had a Super Stroker grip installed. I didn't really notice any difference in the head weight.  
I can read blurr. Been doing it since I was 40.
This is the first official week of our company golf league. I got to go out on Monday and play 9 holes. I was very pleased with the score since I haven't been able to play or practice much due to some back issues that have flared up.     The course is still dormant and the greens are rock hard and fast. I was implementing the "Stop aiming at the Flag" scenario. Which I don't go flag hunting that often anyway and more than half the pins were in the middle of the...