or Connect

Posts by westcyderydin

1.  Pulling club back with the arms in the backswing....usually low and inside...and getting the club stuck behind their body at the top.   2.  Compensating for move number one by 1) coming over the top or 2) pushing hips out of the way (forward) from the top with the hands and arms lagging way behind (flip or super steep into the ball).
 I can see how this can be covered in the 5SK.  Maybe linking up it isn't a key, but it is important and I think it is just worth its own conversation.  I am not trying to argue, just trying to back up my thoughts.  I'm a 5SK follower and have learned a lot from TST since 2010 or so (along with LSW,).  I'm not an outsider trying to come in and crap on anything, I am just interested in learning...Like you say in your sig, If you like golf its all good.  Is there any...
 I only sent you one PM.  You are an instructor and pretty involved in the site and I didn't want to talk about another teacher or teaching website on the board so I told you what I was talking about.  Haha and it sounds you know the guy I was talking about.  Never knew anything about the training aid in the video until I just looked it up...interesting.
 It moves back about the width of his head and it doesn't quite get back to where he started.  If you put your thumb on the screen at the front side of his face at his setup .  He does turn very well and all, but he just doesn't have a centered pivot.  I would say that he just falls toward the low end of the Key #1 scale.  I think you might be able to call him an outlier. 
  This is how I mark my ball.  I have had a few embarrassing moments in the past where I've hit the wrong ball.  I started making a black "H" and it happened again.  So now I mark my ball this way so there is 0 chance of me hitting the wrong ball.  It also helps with people accidentally hitting my ball.  ProV1s are common and coveted.  But with my marking on it, people know its mine.   The thing is, with this amount of Sharpie on the ball...especially when I first...
I'm sorry, I went overboard on arguing the point that I think this should be one of the keys.  I got a little excited and went way to far and long-winded with it.   I just think this is something that I think needs more attention...and maybe more emphasis in the 5SK system.  And as far as fitting into the 5SK it does fit in with Keys 2, 3, and 4.  In that way I am sure it relates to 1 and 5 as well in some way or another.   I think a lot of golfers let their lower body...
 We agree with each other on Key 1 stating a steady head, not a still head...but look at Keegan.  Yes, Steady head allows for some movement but he is far from being a 5 out of 5 on Key #1.  In the same way, Jim Furyk is an example of not linking his arms with his pivot...neither is Rory.  I just think that this is more of a fundamental than say alignment or grip...there is a huge variation in the way that people do those things. And lets not get totally stuck on whether it...
Like everybody else said, try a lot of things out and decide what you like and what fits you...with your putter and other clubs.   Everybody has different putting strokes, swings, hand sizes which require different grip sizes, feels, preferences, etc.  Putters are especially personal as each putter aligns different to each person's eye.  Putting technique also differs more from player to player than other parts of the game.   I will tell you to not overlook Golf Pride...
 Yeah that's my point, there is still some leeway when you look at what the best players do.  There are a few exceptions to the rule(Keegan)  Same thing with what I'm talking about.  I am saying I think syncing up the hands/arms to the pivot in the downswing is something that the best players in to world do...with some exceptions...which would make it a fundamental. There are a lot of things that can bring you out of sync.  Pulling the handle from the top, trying to hold...
 Keegan Bradley...but like I said it might not be that he doesn't do Key #1 at all, but he is definitely lower on the Keeping A Steady Head spectrum.    Properly sequencing the downswing to allow a clean strike, a good impact position, and optimal/efficient power.