or Connect

Posts by westcyderydin

If you are not gaining an unfair advantage on anyone else in an understood game or match of any sort and you aren't recording an official handicap, then have fun playing in whatever way you please.   People should make it fun for themselves.  The official rules of golf don't really fit what every single golfer is out there to accomplish....which should be to have a good time.
I have the same cart, the CaddyTek CaddyCruiser V3.  I really like it.    Just don't buy it for the bag and compartment at the bottom....I just took that right off....hang a cooler there instead.  But it is well built, has enough storage space for me between the compartment and net, and I would recommend it to anybody.    It is the only push cart I've used, so I wouldn't be able to compare it to anything else...
Who buys them new?  I paid $10 for a three pack of them the other day before my golf league championship (clubhouse guy gave me $2 off) and that is the first time I have paid for new golf balls in 5 or 6 years.    You can find ProV1s or any equivalent on the course or buy the found ones cheap if you know where to look.   Since they are a little darker than a newer looking Top Flight they are still in the .49 cent bin at my course if you get there on the right...
I hit the ball better when I can see my shadow and it is straight behind me (behind the ball) or straight ahead of me (toward the target).  I can see my swing in my peripheral vision and I usually hit some really good shots.  I usually take practice swings so I can see my shadow this way before I address my ball and hit a shot.   But I hate when my shadow is over the ball and it moves off the ball in my backswing and then back onto the ball in my downswing.  I guess I...
  I slump way over when I putt and it puts less on my back.  If I practice putting for a while with more of a normal posture my lower back really starts to get sore, but when i slump my back more then there is no longer any pressure in my back.  I don't reach very far down though, just have bent arms....don't know if that would make a difference.
 I still plan to...maybe tomorrow?  In a year or two?  I guess it just isn't that important to me.  I mostly play at the course where I have my membership and the only time we use a recorded handicap is in league.  I don't even pay attention to that.  Maybe I am just lazy...  Is there a reason to keep one besides just knowing or putting it up on here?
Before last season I decided that I wanted to keep my handicap so I found an online place that keeps handicaps (oobgolf) and I started throwing my scorecards in a box....so now I have almost 2 seasons of scorecards in a box.    I guess it just isn't that important to me to keep entering my scores so I just leave my forum handicap where I guessed it at 3 or 4 years ago.  I really have no idea what it is right now.
The driver will allow you to attack holes from better distances.  Learn to hit it so it is a weapon and not a liability.        
I just started re-gripping and it is very easy.  The first two clubs were a little difficult, but I learned not to buy cheap grips...they were very thin, smell very rubbery, and they were very hard to push on because I had to put a bunch of tape under them to try and widen the grip.   The 3rd one took less than 5 minutes.  I was bored the other day and didn't want to go out to the garage, so I just used hairspray and slid it right on.  The Golf Pride Tour Velvet is much...
 I analyze what I did poorly, what caused it, and what I can do to correct it.  Sometimes it is just a bad shot and I move on.  If I need to make an adjustment for the rest of the round then I do that.  When it comes to the mental part of the game you want to funnel all of your thoughts into playing as well as possible and scoring as low as possible.  Getting mad and throwing clubs does nothing to help...giving up on a hole because you are already hitting 7 from off the...