or Connect

Posts by westcyderydin

Play a par 68 course.  Makes it easier to break 70, too.   The course down the road from me is a short par 68 course...33 on the front, 35 on the back.  Small, rock hard, slow rolling greens, lots of short par 4's and long par 3's, only two par 5's.  Play other courses, too but this one is where I have a membership and play in a league.  It is just so much easier to drive 4 minutes and play there.   I played golf since I was probably 6 or 7.  I was probably a mid 80s...
I don't like to have to choke down and swing 3/4 so I just go with a 5 iron from there...but I accidentally voted 180-200...haha.   I really hit it 190, but have replaced it with a hybrid which has really helped my scores...lots of 185-210yd par threes on my home course.   280, though...that's a poke.
I pick the right one as the good one.   It is funny how unrealistic people can be about their games.  I have two friends, one of them being quite a bit better than the other one.  The worse one says to the other one that he is just as good, but the better player is just lucky and makes better contact more often.  Um....   Another time heard this decent player tell somebody that he was equal with this better player, but the better player was more consistent.   Both...
It usually feels like a week or two before I am back to full form. It goes from (1) getting used to standing over the ball outside and hitting it the first day to (2) finally being able to feel my swing and hit it more like normal the 3rd or 4th time out to (3) finally being able to score like normal after 8 or 10 rounds.
One problem with the pro-am is something that I just noticed now while re-watching the Saturday Night Live Special: These things suck now because popular culture is just really dumb.  The SNL from like 2005 to now is just terrible.   SNL will have Kanye West as the musical guest.  They are trying to make fun of reality TV or Justin Bieber.  You could take the best cast members ever and it would still be unwatchable.   It is the same thing with the Pro-Am.  It has...
I did well and didn't really get the bug until the Waste Management this year....usually it starts around Christmas.  It is not fun having to sit inside watching golf while there is snow on the ground... which doesn't look like it is going away for at least another month.    Baseball season needs too hurry up and start, too...
I got a dozen Tour Velvet 360's the other day with a gift card, but I think I'm gonna get another year out of the TV's that I've had on for a few years.  They are still tacky but they are cracking at the bottoms.  I am pretty cheap, I think I am just gonna put electrical tape at the bottoms to stop the cracking haha.    Today in SW Michigan it is 15* with 30 mph winds which is blowing the snow everywhere.  Its brutal....Hopefully only another month before we start...
He needs rotate the clubface open in his backswing.  He forces it closed which causes a few things:   1.  Bunches up his rear shoulder.  You will see that his rear shoulder isn't allowed to turn enough and that his shoulder plane is very steep   2.  It gets him in an over the line type of position at the top of his backswing (which would be more evident with a longer backswing).  You will also see the flying elbow.     That over-the-line position at the top usually...
That doesn't even look fun.  And it looks much easier on the card than on the satellite image. 
He needs to get the shaft more horizontal on the way down while also getting his weight forward so he can stop flipping at it.     1.  I would have him hit pitch shots and show him how to get his hands forward (proper wrist angles), where his weight should be (more forward), how his body should be turning, what his left shoulder should be doing, etc. on the way down.  This would be a great way of teaching him what needs to happen, what it looks like, and what it feels...