or Connect

Posts by westcyderydin

What hybrid do you have, what loft is it?  The size of a hybrid is one thing, but that shape of it is another.  Some hybrids are offset more than others and don't look good...especially it you feel like you are going to hook it.  In my experience, the look of a hybrid is more important than any other club.  Try your hybrid alongside a few others if you can and figure out what you like/don't like in the look of a hybrid club and then decide if you want to get a new one. I...
This is a good thread.  Just read through the whole thing, lots of good stuff.   I like to hear how people interpret these ideas and how it relates to their golf games.       I definitely agree with the 65/20/15 school of thought and the SV skills as written in LSW.  GIRs are king, which means driving and iron/full wedge shots are supremely important.  Also, the full swing is a more complex and difficult motion than any short game shot so it takes more repetition to...
I am totally left side dominant in the golf swing.  I think it came from being left side dominant with my baseball swing. Its just a feel, though.  I'm sure the right hand is providing power on the way down...but I think it gets in the way more than anything in the backswing.   Quote: Very true.. I think its very important to learn which feels work and don't work in your swing.  That way you can identify and fix things that might be going wrong with your swing on the...
 Where do you play? Great advice all around, here.  It is definitely worth checking out the higher lofted fairway woods, too.  I wish 7, 9, and 11 woods were more common....
I almost never buy new balls.  I find them on the course, buy them at a pawn shop type of place a few towns away that sells them for .25 a piece (except $1 for ProV1s), or get them from the $.50 bin at my course if I get there the right day.   I get a kick out of the pawn shop place because the guy is quick to sternly tell you that the ProV1s are a dollar...the best deal you'll ever find for them...but then I walk out with dozen Z-stars or Pentas for a quarter each....ok...
Hybrids are great, much easier to hit than long irons (at least for most people).    Just make sure you try some out before you buy them.  I think hybrids, more than any other club, need to fit your eye...or you will mistakenly form the opinion that you hate hybrids.   Go somewhere where you can hit a variety of different hybrid clubs, notice the ones you like and the ones you don't...notice which ones you hit better than others....notice what you like and don't like...
Voted 5+ years.   Irons last a while...even if they're forged.  No reason to change them more often unless you want to or find something that works better.   I've had my MP-67s since 2011 and don't think I will replace them for a while...although I have thought of finding a used 5 and 6 iron of a more forgiving or higher launching MP iron...maybe an MP52 or 57.
Voted 5+ years.   I bought them in 2011 and will use them past this season.  The 52* is just another iron for me but the 56* is my go to wedge for around the greens, in the bunkers, and inside 100 yds.  It has taken a lot of beating and the shaft even snapped on it once.  I put a different wedge shaft in it and it is still going.   Being that I don't play on the tour and would rather be able to spend money on other things, I just sharpen the grooves on my wedge once or...
Bought an Odyssey White Hot XG #1 in maybe...wow, can't remember...either 2007ish or 2010ish...   Won't replace it for a long time...nothing wrong with it, works well for me.
Digger.  Get too steep with irons and wedges and take too big of divots.