or Connect

Posts by westcyderydin

I slump way over when I putt and it puts less on my back.  If I practice putting for a while with more of a normal posture my lower back really starts to get sore, but when i slump my back more then there is no longer any pressure in my back.  I don't reach very far down though, just have bent arms....don't know if that would make a difference.
 I still plan to...maybe tomorrow?  In a year or two?  I guess it just isn't that important to me.  I mostly play at the course where I have my membership and the only time we use a recorded handicap is in league.  I don't even pay attention to that.  Maybe I am just lazy...  Is there a reason to keep one besides just knowing or putting it up on here?
Before last season I decided that I wanted to keep my handicap so I found an online place that keeps handicaps (oobgolf) and I started throwing my scorecards in a box....so now I have almost 2 seasons of scorecards in a box.    I guess it just isn't that important to me to keep entering my scores so I just leave my forum handicap where I guessed it at 3 or 4 years ago.  I really have no idea what it is right now.
The driver will allow you to attack holes from better distances.  Learn to hit it so it is a weapon and not a liability.        
I just started re-gripping and it is very easy.  The first two clubs were a little difficult, but I learned not to buy cheap grips...they were very thin, smell very rubbery, and they were very hard to push on because I had to put a bunch of tape under them to try and widen the grip.   The 3rd one took less than 5 minutes.  I was bored the other day and didn't want to go out to the garage, so I just used hairspray and slid it right on.  The Golf Pride Tour Velvet is much...
 I analyze what I did poorly, what caused it, and what I can do to correct it.  Sometimes it is just a bad shot and I move on.  If I need to make an adjustment for the rest of the round then I do that.  When it comes to the mental part of the game you want to funnel all of your thoughts into playing as well as possible and scoring as low as possible.  Getting mad and throwing clubs does nothing to help...giving up on a hole because you are already hitting 7 from off the...
Thanks for all the help guys.  I think that I just didn't use enough mineral spirits and that made it difficult to get them on.  Also, these cheap Medallist grips are very thin...even with the extra tape...and they are not very tapered.  Might just have to spend the money and go with the Golf Prides next time....Thanks!
Thanks for the reply and information!  If it is really hard to push on...with the grip bunching up and all... do i just need to use more fluid for lubrication?  Do I need a grip with a different core size?  Am I using too much tape?   The air compressor method looks interesting.....
I just did my first re-gripping job on my 5 hybrid and 48* wedge.  I have a few questions and would like to hear any tips on this.   I had to wrestle these things on there...like a lot.  I knew they were cheap grips going into it (Medalist...Golf Pride Tour Velvet knockoffs from Golfsmith).  I also knew they were thinner than the normal Tour Velvet grips.  Because of this I did use a lot of tape....three strips from the end of the shaft to the bottom of the grip and two...
 I bought the Utility on sale from Golfio.com 4 or 5 years ago and bought the Ironwood from a guy from my league 2 or 3 years ago. The 3DX, 4DX, and 5Dx hybrids and fairway woods are pre-Dicks Sporting Goods...any higher numbered models of hybrids are Dicks made.  I don't know what you mean by pre BK...