or Connect

Posts by westcyderydin

I think a pro or fitter would be able to tell you more in person than we could over the internet.  That friend you have who owns the driving range should be a great resource for you.  Try as many clubs out as you can.
Favorites: - Callaway Razr Fit Driver - Mizuno MP-67 Irons - Odyssey White Hot Putter   Then the most underrated clubs in my bag: - Adams Tom Watson Wedges...especially the 2010 Classics - Nickent 3DX Ironwood DC Hybrids - MacGregor MT60 5 wood
Just got mine in the mail...will try it out tomorrow.
 I agree...but I also wonder.  If Tiger were to just get onto the tour the same time Rory did, would he dominate the same way he did in the late 90's and 2000s?  Would you guys agree the the tour is  deeper and more talented over the last few years than it ever has been? But then on the other hand Tiger did win player of the year last year winning 5 tournaments when people were saying he was done...
1.  It might be a good idea to get fit for a set of irons.  This might be more important for somebody with a good and repeatable swing.   2.  Find an iron head that looks good at setup but that also has the forgiveness you need depending on your skill level.  But more important than the iron head is the shaft....it is the engine of the club.  Depending on your swing and swing speed some shafts will fit you better than other shafts.   3.  You can get some great deals on...
I have the MP-67s with PX 6.0 flighted shafts.  I love 'em.  They feel great, I like the ball flight, and they aren't that hard to hit or anything.  I could maybe use a more forgiving 4 and 5 iron, but what it really comes down to is if I put a good swing on them they are just fine, and if i put a crap swing on them they don't go where i want them to go.  I don't really know how much a more forgiving iron would really help in that regard.    I also used to know somebody...
I wish that i could use 15 clubs.  But because the limit is 14, the 3 wood is normally left out.   D 270 3W 250 5W 230 3H 210 4I 190 5I 180 6I 170 7I 160 8I 150 9I 140 PW (48*) 130 48* 120 52* 110 56* 90 Putter   What annoys me about my set is that my 48* Mizuno MP-67 PW (6.0 project x flighted shaft) goes 20 yds further than my Adams Tom Watson 52* GW.  That means I need an extra wedge to go between the two which happens to be a 48* Cleveland...
Hey Erik...or anyone, do you know anything about sabermetrics in baseball?   The putting thing reminds me about batting average.  As you said it is fickle, or there can be a lot of variation from year to year.  Maybe this is more true for rankings on tour than personal stats, i haven't looked into it too much yet....but batting average goes up and down every year and is partially dependant on batting average with balls in play (BABiP)...which is partially to mostly based...
I want to win a Callaway Big Birtha Driver.   1. Keegan Bradley -9 2. Gary Woodland -9 3. Erik Compton -9
I have been having back pain specifically in that area.  I would be willing to participate.