or Connect

Posts by boston blackie

The thread has bounced around between commercials and authors.   I'd like to talk about commercials.  You know what commercial I never tire of : "Don't count that".
Can't recommend a coach, but this book, "Keys to the effortless golf swing" by Michael McTeigue pretty much emphasises the keys in clear, easy to follow exercises.  Published in 1985 and found on Amazon.   Still, I don't expect to change my ingrained armsy, reverse pivot, swing.
Airline ticket pricing is so annoying.  Tomorrow the original price could be lower than this one.   Your profile says you live in KSA.  Is that Kansas, or somewhere in the Middle East?   I wouldn't be too concerned about finding a 5SK instructor.  Though it may appear to be the "be all and end all" of golf method, 5SK is no panacea.     Enjoy your vacation in Massachusetts.  Boston is a walkable city with many sites of interest.  A stroll around the Fanuell Hall area...
"In the catcher's mit, then up the tree"
A drill that helped me, from the Golf Channel is - lead with the right elbow on the downswing (if you are a righty), as if your trying to hit the ball with your elbow.  This gets your hand to drop and helps eliminate the flip.
Put them in a delicates mesh bag in the washing machine with your laundry.  
I might agree that buying new clubs every year will not improve your game.  If it makes you feel good about yourself, and if you can afford it, then by all means - indulge.   Lessons, on the other hand, not so much.  I really question if the money spent on lessons by a mature golfer is going to help him/her to improve.  Most will go back to their natural swing soon after.  Once that happens he/she will start thinking about another lesson - and round and round we go.
Yea, they should play more.  They make too much money, as all pro athletes do. At least the elite ones.  We love to watch them play.  But why should they?  Hell, win one tournament and walk off into the sunset with more money than most of us will accumulate over a lifetime.
I think I had the yips when I was a child, so I may be immune to it.  However, for those that never had it, they can still get vaccinated           I think.
I too loved Peaky Blinders, and enjoyed Broadchurch.   Now looking forward to the final season of one of my all time favorites - Justified - starts Jan. 20th, I believe.