or Connect

Posts by ejimsmith

i picked up the game 5 years ago when i was 37.   i loved learning how to play and enjoyed watching myself get better.   yes, i started where i would sometimes yet a 20 yard duff, but that's part of the game.   thus, i 100% disagree with your comment about 39 being too old to learn the game.  its not as old as you think, wait and ask yourself that when you're that age.  the fact that you'd have quit had you had to start all over at the tender age of 30 shows your mental...
I'm curious about something:   When you ride in a cart, you usually have 2 sand bottles attached to it for filling in divots, repairing the fairway, etc..   I am someone that usually has to use both bottles as I can dig some nice big holes w/ my irons.    My question is, what should I be doing when I'm walking?   I use a push cart, and have thought before of taking a sand bottle and somehow attaching it to my cart so I have it with me.   But I've *never* seen anyone...
quick question, i think i know the answer:   If my ball is in some heavy rough, if i ground my club and the ground under the ball moves down from, say the grass compressing, is it a foul?   in other words, the ball doesn't move on its own, but the ground underneath it does, and the ball stays in the same relative spot to its location in on the ground.   is this still a penalty?  and thus should i be more careful about grounding my club in rough like...
hi guys.. just joined the group.   my weekends are usually tight w/ the family, so play most of my golf during the week (plz don't tell anyone at my work..).   but if there's an event being put together, then my first fam can take a back seat to my second one.   cheer!
also, consider the 3 city-courses in Long Beach.   All are on the south/east edge of the city, so very close to OC, if you're not too much further south.   Skylinks is my home course, and is in good shape.  Its getting better now to as the golf courses have turned in a nice profit for the city, and they've decided to spend some of that profit by putting it back into the course.
    if i may retort, all you did was define what abomination means.   you still need to link it to this beautiful, awesome course trump built.  something other than a few drunken, butt-hurt scots, who have a case of the 'NIMBY's.
  they've zoomed out a bit more on both of them lately.   with that being said, most people on tv are more attractive in real life.  its hard to pull the fantasy out of the tube, even if it is a reality show.
  tustin ranch is free on your birthday.  the last 2 years my plan was to play for free, but hire a caddie.  unfortunately my birthday is in june, and both times i've tried to play on that day there was a tourney going on.  oh well...
ba ba booey!
another THANK YOU! to the OP!   I'm looking forward to my true tours.  at $81 w/ shipping, its a GREAT deal.   also, another thanks for the discussion about the widths.  i am a D, and usually have to go up a half-size for normal width shoes.  i didn't have to here.   cheers!