or Connect

Posts by adamgoodman

Wow, I haven't been on here in ages. And I haven't picked up a golf club for 7 months before today.  Here is my latest swing. Seems to me my grip is too strong, my tempo is too quick, and my left foot comes off the ground a little. Any other notes?  
I guess.  Mainly I'm trying to say that golfers often forget that we are all just playing a game. 
There are bigger things in life.   The less seriously I take the game, the better I play. 
It's a really tough topic to cover, because every single person reacts differently.   Personal story, my father put a club in my hands when I was 8-years-old, but he was about 90% hands-off.  He never enrolled me in any sort of instructional path, because he wanted to wait until I was old enough to make a conscious decision as to whether I wanted to pursue golf.  I spent one summer at a casual children's golf camp, and the pro who ran it suggested that my father...
I'm an 18-year-old, 5'5" 145 pound scratch golfer. Here is my response:   1) How long did it take to break 70? If it took you 2 years, was that 2 years from the first time you picked up a golf club, or did you just play around for the first year and then take the second year seriously?   I first picked up a golf club when I was 8-years-old and played every now and then from when I was 12, but I never really took it seriously until I was 15. (I played my freshman...
Ball striking > Short game.
Brilliant. Hahahaha, they actually used to call me "AI" on my golf team.
I practiced almost never and took my golf game with as little seriousness as possible with fun being the number one priority... And here I am.   Point is, everyone reaches their goals differently.  
As a four-year Varsity player, with three years at number one, the less seriously I took myself at practice and matches, the better I played. 
The better I've gotten the less interest I have in practicing... Wow, I am truly the worst...