or Connect

Posts by Gerald

I prefer a light bag, I normale carry my sets PW (44), and only two specialized wedges (50 and 58) ...... and I don't bother about gaps, gap control is done by me, not by the clubs !
I have been using a Ram Zebra putter since about mid 80's ...... I've tried many others like Bettinardi's and Camerons, but I keep coming back to that Zebra ...... they are on eBay now and then ...... at $40 or less ..... they are great (I even bought a few spare ones over the last few years).   Changing putters might help for a while, but putting as much time in your putting (+ lessons) as most of us do in your driving will pay off !
I have been playing golf only a few times over the last 2 years, busy, busy, busy, but I kinda restarted last month, still using my "old" Callaway Razr Hawk and TM Superfast 3W. My 3W is about 230-250 yds and my current driver is "only" 250-275 yds ...... sure I can leave the driver at home, but 300+ is for fun, isn't it ?   Personally I have been a TM man over  about 25+ yrs in golf and I am looking to upgrade my driver to a TM model.   I like the R1, but I...
My set's pw and sw are 48 and 54 ....... so maintaining same gaps, would mean a 60 would be ideal, but I am no logica's guy ...... I prefer a club that I feel comfortable with around the green. For me 58 is about twice as easy as a 60 ...... Strange ??? I have been on the one wedge idea before, but as I see some golfers using a 60 for a long rolling chip ( not a pitch ), mine check and have less roll, so what is the secret of the low running and rolling low chip and run...
Looks like I am going to buy a second hand Adams Idea Pro black 20* Voodoo Stiff for 50 bucks, but I will demo the TEE 16.5* of I can find it overhere. I had a similar 16* Idea Pro Black about 3 yrs. ago, but that was to less loft to get consistent results..... At least for me it was.
In the past I had troubles with my drivers (in the days metal woods were news) and I had a Taylor Made Raylor 4 wood, that was near perfect. A few years ago I tried modern 3W and 5W (909 F) and have hit some wonderful shots...... But also so many disappointments with them, that I kinda think I am not a wood player...... I still have a golden oldie 5 wood in my closet (Daiwa Exeler 5W full graphite head) having to hit that beween the screws and it really is a small head...
Over about 30 yrs I have using this or that wedge system, Pelz, Utley, etc. using a 8 iron for rolling approaches and a 56* for sand, even carried two 56* sandwedges for different sand conditions, etc. Switched from 48-52-56-60 to 46-52-58 back and forth and allthough whatever system used I holed many and had many up&downs, still after all these yrs I am into maybe the next better system ..... I like the thought of using one wedge for all greenside shots and alter the...
I've been an iron player most of my golfing years, was playing blades mostly, still have my old Wilson Fuid Feel, but I am playing with a set (3-SW) Ping ISI now. No problem with the 3 iron, but not as long as it was in the old days, 3 iron is about 200 yds now. I recently added a Razr Hawk (neutral 10.5* S) averaging about 250 and I like to fill the gap. Current index is 9.7 ( was around 5.0 about 2 ys ago), but at the moment I am more of a bogey player...... I was...
I currently play MP-67 ....... I actually am playing worse now than when I was still playing the 710 AP2, doesn't bother me much, it maybe differs only a few strokes per round...... a less perfect shot is a less perfect result, but the feel on a good one is so much better than with the AP2's that I take the punishment of a poor shot and am still very pleased with the MP-67's.   I have allways been fond of the MP-68 as well, but never felt the need to invest in the...
Sure prices will drop, but will it be much, I can imagine many will like the MP-68 more than the MP-69 ........ MP-69 is marketing only, maybe Mizuno hopes that a certain group of potential buyers will buy these for the sexy name only .......   I like my MP-67 ....... maybe I will also buy a nice MP-68 if I bump into these at a fair price.......