or Connect

Posts by Gerald

Well on the DVD Phil mixes up bounce and sole ....... I personally feel that most of the pro's have less knowledge of clubhead design, but they are magicians with the clubs .... so who cares.   A club can have a wide sole and a few degrees of bounce, while another can have a narrow sole with lots of bounce. A sand or lob wedge with a big flange can still have a minimum bounce, while at first sight you might feel that the big flange might mean a big bounce ...... not...
  There will always be some people telling you that since the vokeys aren't forged, they will feel harsh, lacking feel or touch ...... but in partial shots ....... not even the most sensitive tour player will be able to tell the difference ..... it might just be the shafts (Wedge Flex equals about DG S-200) are stiffer than you are used to.   Stan Utley demonstrates hitting of conctrete with a 10 degree bounce 58 wedge, so even of hardpan there is not really a need for a...
I bought the new Phil Mickelson DVD set a few weeks ago and there is a short chapter on recomended wedges. Phil says it make little difference if the bounce of a 60 degrees wedge is 6 to 9 degrees, but he prefers a wider sole as the wider sole prevents digging in.   This chapter isn't clarifying much, same with the whole DVD ...... it is all a bit talk on the surface, not really into the deep, still I like his approach to the short game.   I would say that my Bob...
Welllll ..... I don't really agree with most posts, of course there are clever ways to play most holes, but this may well be not the fun part for the average weekend golfer. They like to see a good drive followed by a nice wedge, and maybe 1 or 2 putts, even if it happens only at one of 18 holes. At a course I play regularly there is a 305 yds Par 4 with lots of bunkers around the green, with a good drive I can putt for eagle ....... I can take a 5i from the tee followed...
for 50 ft. of roll ...... I might use a putter    I meant 50% air and 50% roll (or even a higher percentage of roll) chip with the 54 wedge.......   Currently I try this with playing from just inside the right ankle, hands before the ball, weight 70% on the front (left) foot troughout the whole stroke, firm wrists..... some are great, some pop in the air a bit too much, land softly and roll too less.   I have no problems doing this with let's say a 7i, but...
I have tried about all short irons/wedges near the green, there have been weeks I was lethal with a 8i ...... getting most shots within 3-4 ft. from the hole ..... some even in the hole (but that is luck of course ...... so in mind that is about the same as close enough), there have also been weeks that none of these low bouncing and running/rolling came anywhere close enough the 1-putt ...... I also went through some sets in the last half year and with varying lofts...
Great set !!! Not the easiest, but by the time you can control these you will have improved your ballstriking a lot.   http://www.titleist.com/images/products/pdfs/735CM.pdf  
Forget Golfbidder.com ..... it is a nice site giving you info on clubs and last years models, but the prices are way to high, just ask them what you would get for the same set you are interested in ....... get a quote for a similar set ...... it is about 40% of the price they sell it....... so visit a local marketplace or personal adds website, they mostly also have a large golf section, you will be able to find a similar set for a bargain. A few weeks ago I bought a...
The original Fybrid 19.5 is a nice in between hybrid, no need to buy a 3H plus 4H. Just grip it one inch down for a 10 yds shorter shot.  
I am thinking of replace the graphite shaft of my hybrid with a KBS Tour Hybrid steel shaft.   Goal is to make the dispersion more predictable, I hit the graphite shaft fine, but one can be 190 yds and the next 220 yds, one can be draw, the next straight or even fade.   Apart from maybe loosing 10 yds (compensate that with maybe 0.5" extra shaft length), what would be the benefits ?   Anyone done this ?