or Connect

Posts by Gerald

Well .... as said before I really like the stuff you are playing with, but the mix of designs isn't helping you to score better. Most of the clubs you play with can be bought for about $100 for a complete set of 9 irons, invest a little on new grips and make sure you have the right flexes for your swing.   I am not saying that you need 14 clubs to play a lower index, but if you would have consistent feel trough your set, it might kick out the gamble of playing such a...
Hmmm yes great set, played them for a while (also great deal), but didn't like the mid irons, I would have liked the ZM form 6-PW and the ZB 5-3 ........, but coming from tour current set ..... you might like them much !
For a 24 capper, you are to expect a lot of info to get yourself something with a lot of forgiviness ...... I must admit, that is good advise in general, but some people prefer MB's and hit them better than any CB or GI irons, So if you are a bit serious about golf and willing to invest time, there are no arguments against MB's ..... and if you prefer dispersion above distance it might be a good option to actually choose a stiffer shaft than you are fitted for.   There...
I would say that from the fairway there is about no need at all to hit a 3 Wood ever. For all except the few that really nail a 3W from the fairway, the distance of a 5W (or 4W) is identical, but it is way easier to handle a 5W from the fairway than to hit a 3W........ So the most forgiving 3W is a 5W !!!
I have been touring in the USA for a few months a few years ago, starting in Colorado through Utah, Arizona, California, Nevada, Oregon, Idaho, Montana and Wyoming, flying from there to visits Massachusets, New York and New Jersey ....... but now I just googled Minnesota ..... seems to have missed a beautiful state........     Maybe next time .......   Idaho ...... known here from unions and patatoes (they told us at highschool) was very nice....... camping...
Sound advise, it is always a great idea to have a game-plan for each and every hole AND stick to it !!!   But if it really works for a 20ish capper ........ most of them hit at least about 10 ""mishits"" per round ?!?!?!???  
I personally am a very happy golfer each time I break 80 ...... at our course SR 73.5 it means playing to my index or just below.......   For a 25 capper ...... about impossible, I agree with Stretch that making a lot of GIR means breaking 80, but I can play around 80 or just below and have only a few GIR.   Best focus :   - Improve your already good short game, get them so close that you make about 50% of the following putts - Iron 6 and shorter distances,...
So I hit the 909 D Comp at the range today and one of my  buddies asked to play 9 holes, well it became 13 and all except one that hit the green at the 305 yds par 4 6th hole landed in the fairway. it is fair to say not all were that long, but most were around 250-275 and in the fairway with a mid to higher trajectory and the strange low spin ball flight ...... they went up in the air quite fast and then went along-along-along straight forward......... I wouldn'r call it...
It is hard to believe your swing is pretty good after 2 months, there are so many that don't have a pretty good swing after 200 months .....   A BIG slice has little to do with your grip, not even if your grip was totally strange, but it has all to do with swinging with a pretty good swing, from the outside in, even when you think you are coming from the inside..... most golfers think they are coming from the inside, but they hit the ball that hard, making it...
LOL ..... Most TM drivers have too long shafts, look terrible and have flexes that are softer than stated. Besides if you ever would buy a new one, 3 months later it will be the previous model !