or Connect

Posts by Gerald

No doubt about that, still in irons I prefer toooo stiff shafts, okay you loose a bit of distance, but the control of dispersion is great with too stiff irons.   I woods and drivers the low loft multiplies sidespin if you don't square the face at impact, so in these you better make sure that the shaft is a perfect match for you.    
Yep great stuff, but after the honeymoon has past, is it really 25 yds plus ....... 
  Yeppp, at the golfwrx forum this has been talked about a lot...... Do you know the Controler Driving Iron (17*) ..... it is about equal ...... haven't hit one yet, but at 17* it is not everyones frind of course ...... I know a guy who was so pleased with them, that he became the european distributor and bought 500 of them, in various models/shafts ..... still about 485 of them in stock...... hihi.   Can go at about any price ...... if you are interested .......  
The 585/19 was in my bag too for a while, but had some unpleasant dog hooks with it now and then ..... and it wasn't just me ..... still a great but demanding hybrid, almost like a 2 iron. I would say you pick up a hybrid for easy length, but the 585/19 isn't really an easy hybrid.   I felt it was about the only hybrid, made for scratch players 
The 910 D2 is a very fine driver indeed, but I work about a two hours drive from home, so I stay at another place during the week, and sometime play a course there, so at the moment I play at two courses, using two sets ...... the Iron sets are quite familar (MP-33/MP-67), but I just want to upgrade the older driver (Cleveland Hi-Bore XLS) without spending another $400 ....   So I will maybe buy that secondhand 909D Comp, besides that there is nothing wrong with a...
Hmm ...... I sold the Sun Mountain last week and bought a nice Blue/White Ogio Ozone today !   Okay it is not a 14 divider bag, but I very much like the Ozone top.  
I can buy a Titleist 909 D Comp 9.5 with Ozik Matrix X-Con 5 shaft........ anyone using this driver ??? 
I have been using a Sun Mountain 5FOUR last year and I have only been using it for 50 orso rounds and the shoulderpads on the sholders have become soft and weak, so it is not comfortable anymore......   I have been trying to go with a cart bag and trolley, but that is not really what I like best.   I prefer to carry, but like to have a shoulder harness that goes along for some time !   Further I might seem handy 14 dividers, but 7 or 8 is fine too, maybe even...
Another good thought might be buying a demo iron from a dealers demo set. From Mizuno they get these sets of about 40 6 irons in different flexes, lengths, lies, etc. ..... try to find the out of production models for about $20 each...... look for the MP-33 or MP 37 ...... classic muscle blades, when you don't hit them near pure, forget it !!!
bla-bla-bla-bla   All championship courses are optimum prepared for those tournaments, commities of the PGA will come to check roughs and will advise to do this and to do that etc..... and you can be sure of the fact all is done...... to please the officials.   At every few or even every hole a referee is availble to judge if a lie etc.....   every hole has front caddies, helping to locate off the fairway balls.   Not seldom there are spectator stands...