or Connect

Posts by Gerald

Quote: I don't think so .... we have had Tour pro's playing at our course, maybe not the best of the best, but lowest score was 67 (which was 5 under, or if you compare it to the course rating 7 under par), a few in the 68-70 level, but most of them were around par or a little above.   Even at a 7000 CR 73 or 74 course there are no guarantees for a string of birdies .....   Further the Tour Pro's play in course conditions that are 1000% better than most amateurs are...
No at the local course the scratch player is member of ...... it is hard to play with a 7 (or 8) strokes difference, even for Tiger ...... I guess there is a good chance the local scratch player will win. At a courserating of about 73, there is no guarantee Tiger will shoot a 65 or below, sure he can, but if needed so many thing can and will go wrong...... also the article that is referring here to is based on what Tigers handicap might be on a local course, so I see no...
Anyone playing these ?  
My newest would be ...... Miura Tour Blades 3-PW and maybe two nice wedges from Hakusa .......
Quote: Yep agree, our course is a 73.5 ..... so a round of 74 is about scratch.   I think passing for a exam they need to play below 5 (in Europe) but a lot of the younger guys have played in the European sub tour before becoming pro, but still they have a hard time, beating par or even beating a few strokes above par ...... in a friendly game they will show some good stuff or drop another ball to proof that they can make the shot, but when it really counts most teaching...
Quote:   Guest Author David, is a friend of Jack D. with lots of time I guess ...... a lot of "nonsense" numbers, still very interesting, but Tiger (even) in his best days would loose from any scratch player, playing par at about any day if he would need to give him 7.6 strokes......     Yep the guys calling out loud that any Tour player will blast their homecourses, are the 10-20 cappers, having less of an idea how difficult it is even at the level of play tour players...
Quote:   Sure, but most club pro's spend their days leaning on a 7 iron, watching hackers thinning and slicing many balls ....... visit a tournament in which those club pro's compete ...... the winner is playing a round of par or maybe 1 or 2 strokes below, a few will be play 1 to 3 strokes above par, while the rest is playing 76 - 86 or even worse...... most of them are no scratch player at all and there are many club pro's that have never played below a 10 index.
Quote: It is just simply no guarantee that if you are shooting your second shot at par 4's from 60 yds in, that these guys are doing these last 60 yds in 2 strokes by rule, they make a few, and maybe more than a few, but if they make 4 or 5 of these, even they have a hell of a great day, add maybe 2 birdies at the par 5's and 1 at the par 3's, but they will also make a few bogeys, at least most will do......    Only the best of the best manage 60% scrambling, but the...
Club pro's think they are scratch, but they only think they are ..... because when you leave the amateur status, you loose the handicap .... goes to no handicap ....... I bet a local low capper cab beat the club pro about any day !!!   
Quote: Try the B330-S, don't mind the swingspeeds comments at their website, the B330-S is a bit firmer (more distance) than the RX and spins about the same as the RXS. Recomended swingspeeds are B$#@%$$%^T, Pro's use a wide range of swingspeeds from let's say 30 to 130 mph and amateurs swingspeeds fall also within these boundaries, so what is good for them, is good for us also !!!!