or Connect

Posts by Gerald

To the OP, there is almost no difference between the old and new grooves when playing from the Fairway or Sand, there is only a little less spin from the rough, so who cares, just buy the new models. I am using the C-C Vokeys for about a few months now ..... I might be me, but I see no differences.   Besides that .... although it looks cool, why do you prefer to hit all pitches with a lot of backspin ...... spinning back is not always the best option ..... I prefer a...
Well OK, these tour players are very good, but most people are telling us all the time they are a +7 to +10 handicapper, but that is not really the case.   No matter how "easy" the course, even for these guys it is hard to shoot more than let's say 6 birdies in a round and even at shorter courses a par 4 is still a par 4 and if the par 4 is not reachable with a drive, there are no guarantees for making a row of birdies, not even at the average homecourse and the greens at...
It actually happens a lot, we have a few really low cappers at our club and all the guys playing in the first team MUST play in the monthly medals to show form.   I have seen 1-3 cappers play into the high 80's and even low 90's, and at the same day seen high single cappers playing in the high 70's .......   I think it is rare to see a +1 or +2 capper, playing his handicap, bc. one bad teeshot and a bit of bad luck and he can be in the 80's.   And (although I...
You are right in a way, and maybe I should have explained better what I meant.   Of course we need the rules, and the rules don't make golf more difficult........ it is actually the golfer in some sort of trouble allways looking to get some relief from where the ball ended up and the unfourtunate golfer that the dirt his ball is lying in is made by a rabbit or is it greenkeepers work orso, that the staked tree where he cannot get around is preventing him to make a...
lol
    "Gerald, do you have access to a time machine? How can you switch clubs twice in a week then play them both for a couple months before next Tuesday?" OK here is dr. Who .....   I could start a secondhand golf shop, current (basement) sets :     3-SW Wilson Staff Tour Blade Fluid Feel (Dynamic Stiff) 3-GW Wilson Staff Ci7 (Graphite Senior Flex - UST V2) 3-PW Wilson Staff FG-Tour (DG400R) 4-SW Wilson Staff Ci9 (FST 105 Regular) 3-PW Titleist ZB (TT Gold...
I don't know if it fits you and I don't know the shaft in person, but a few of the really longhitters overhere use the Rombax 7Z08 X
Yep I realise I need a video camera, but money is tight at the moment and I can only spend it once.......   Will try to make some vids with my digital photocamera, next week.   Today I practiced with the ball more to the middle and guess what I hit a few perfect (not all of course) shots with a push baby draw, so I am getting somewhere. I was actually hitting a lot of nice balls today, even with my longer irons.   I am sure there are still lots of things to...
Yep I have built myself a Snake Eyes Q4u hybrid once with a TT DG300S shaft in it once, you are right about that, but problem was that the distance I got is about the same as from a matching lofted iron as far as I remember.   I feel the graphite shaft gives just that extra kick at a hybrid, still I saw some pro's at the US Open also hitting steelshafted hybrids.   So maybe it is a good thought to exchange the graphite shaft with a PX 6.0 or even a PX 5.5.
That is a very slight difference, but I would say "almost" absolutely straight, as it woul look a bit clumsy (or you might even hurt yourself) coming back from an absolutely straight leg......