or Connect

Posts by Gerald

Just as Sean said, after every stroke I clean them, no not with water and soap, but just by a towel, after a full round I mostly take them home and clean all with water and soap ...... I actually always play with a clean set, but i see people who clean their irons once per season, but they never ask me anything about backspin.   I practice a lot from mats (I know from the grass is better, but not allowed overhere) .... I Check the lofts and lies every few months, as...
Yep, at an average golfclub (overhere) there are let's say 700-800 members, only about 2,5% is single digit and less than 0,3% is below 5.0 !   Close to scratch is maybe only 1 or 2 out of 1000 golfers.   Like you say there are so many pretty good golfers, playing around 10-14 index, sometimes they reach 9 and two months later they are back to 11, etc.   Most golfers striking good balls, being good at short play, even putting like 1.8 average, loosing maybe 1...
In his books he is taking about 5.25 degrees as being optimum ....... The fitter I visit now and then for checking my lofts and lies, has learnt me to do this myself on his machines, but there is no way to bend anything to 0.25 or it must be slightly over 5 degrees.   7 or 8 degrees was maybe only used to prove something in the article......
My initials : G in front of the logo and S behind, on both sides of the ball for easy regognition of the ball, no matter on which side it is lying.   For putting I turn the ball over so that looking from above it is a totally clear white ball (I am using no lines or aligning stamps).
OK here is my effort :  
We have a par 4 of only 303 yds to the center of the green, three deep greenside bunkers on the left front and front and another deep bunker along the right side, but between the left front bunker and the bunker along the right ..... there is a 15 yds flat fairway....... If I would have to pay $10 for every guy that gets his ball upon that green for a week, I might loose a couple of hundreds......   Maybe they only carry 275-285 orso and I myself made a eagle on that...
Looking forward to see some pics of the upcoming MP-69 .....   Anyone saw a preview or prototype leak somewhere ?   I can imagine it might already be in some tour bags .....
so many styles ...... I wonder when Stan Utley works so close with Scotty Cameron, most Cameron putters are 4 degrees ..... I used a Rife Abaco before and that was only 2 degrees..........   I kind of wonder what bending my 4 degrees SC FB 1.5 to 5 degrees might bring !?!?!?!!????
  That is what a forum is for, sharing some thoughts and also debating some .......   As for the AP2's ..... I have been playing them for two months and discovered they are less forgiving than you would expect them to be, and at the same time I found the short irons a bit "dead".... the long irons were great, easy to hit, enough feel, a little high launching, but again the short irons lacked the feel of the Miz MP-57 I used before.   Now I am playing the Wilson Staff Ci9...
Hmmmm I am done with this, to me the stats suck ..... and I cannot imagine becoming a 7 index player with 37 putts, besides that maybe he hit the two OB's at one hole ..... Getting to zero, isn't putting only ..... he will have to work hard at all parts of the game !