or Connect

Posts by Gerald

30 yrs ago you could chose between mb's and blades, and there was the about same mix of highcappers, midcappers and lowcappers as there is now.   The model of the iron you play has little to do with handicaps, maybe the average mid capper maybe will not be able to take full advantage of the possibillities offered in a mb or true blade, but the modern blades and mb's are way easier to hit than those of 25-30 yrs ago. So the punishments on poor swings is less large than...
Quote:   Sorry but I don't agree, A guy calling himself a serious golfer, wanting to become a scratch player in 10 years, having a 15 index, needs to play a 15-18 handicap at any course and when playing at a shorter/easier course he might well have to play in the mid 80's to be a 15.    
A few months ago while I was playing a set of MP-57 I met a starting golfer at the driving range and we played about 9 holes, he had just gotten into his first handicap 30ish ..... as these highcappers always are, he was impressed how straight and far I hit my irons, seemingly without any effort.   Gave him some tips, not too much of course (I am no teaching pro and I never want to come in between the pro and the client).   He was playing a kind of starter kit...
I'm confused, this reply doesn't really make sense.  The OP said he shot a 77 with 37 putts, following the logic above, then this seems about right with the 12/18 GIR.  If he could get it down to 32 putts, then he would save those strokes and be shooting 'around par'.  Of course, you only putt sometimes as well as you chip.  If the OP had gotten those 6 GIR misses within makeable distance that would save those strokes for sure.     Again he shot aa 77, but two went out...
To the OP, shooting in the low 90's and sometimes in the high 80's means you are about a 20 capper, not a 15 capper.   Further if you play 15 in let's say 3 yrs, it is hard to imagine you have enough talent to become a scratch player ...... I would say that anyone wanting to become a scratch player will be an 8 orso in the first season, maybe a 5 to 3 in their second season and about scrartch in their third season......   All others will probably never go even to...
Quote:   It can either be clubs that have to used when your ball has landed in the woods or clubs made for hitting a ball into the woods ........   There are a lot of the later     
So you are getting at least 3 strokes at the holes, I know what being tested means ...... I would advise you to play with your mind, just try to make those 11 points in 5 holes or so, take a little risk as needed, avoid problems 2 or 3 points per hole ..... take it easy, don't try to impress ..... making pars etc.   At a double bogey you still have 3 or 4 points, who cares !   Good Luck ...... from the Netherlands !
OKay I agree to a certain level, but if a 20 capper mishits a GI or SGI the way you suggest, the result with that club is also in the rough hazard or worse !   The outside the sweetspot hitted blade will loose distance (and it may well be 25%) but it will stay on track or in the fairway, but an outside the sweetspot hitted (S)GI will travel nearly the same distance as a good hit ....... so I would say you are better of with a 6i mishitted blade going only 120 yds and...
I think that has a lot to do with being priced about $1200 for the heads only, if you can fit it yourself ..... we might be talking about $1500-$1600 .... if you have to let it be custom made ..... pffff !
Haha, I have one and use it as my ball in teetimer ..... never played it !