or Connect

Posts by dmnoland

I would look for an outdoor GRASS range that carries demo models. If you find one you love they just might offer you a great price on a lightly used demo driver. Some places will let you take the demo out to another course to try out. I bought my last 2 that way and now I'm contemplating the new Callaway X Hot 2.
Interesting weekend, Saturday COLD, wet and windy (this is August, right?) played with the newest PGA pro on staff. Nervous as could be on the first couple of holes but I finally settled down on the 4th. We got 10 in before the rain and 4 more before the greens were puddling from so much water. Shot 8 over and only 3 behind the pro. Sunday I played with the new grounds crew superintendent. What a mistake. Every shot I took (all bad) somewhere in the back of my mind I...
Has anyone checked EBay lately? I just watched a set of  BeCu 1 thru SW go for over $1800. Thinking of selling mine now.
Which one did you go to?
Hey Joe, When do ya want to play?Did you sign your 8 year old up for Tim's clinic this month?
I play graphite and will never go back. I am never sore after a round or practice session compared to when I play steel. For my slower swing speed it works great but I find that it makes little difference when you get to wedges since you rarely want to step on a wedge. You are looking for consistency and I think the extra weight of the steel helps me from over swinging a wedge.
Yes, for me the X hot 2 is a great driver. I also play the first RBZ and the Cally has less spin thus I can hit it straighter but it just will not go as far.
For me, the bounce is too high. I simply cannot flop, chip or pitch with my sand or lob. Sure, full out swings are great but delicate shots require a much different grind. Another thing is the grooves. I can really produce more/better spin with my Callaway wedge vs. the Ping G10 in my set. Just take a look after a shot and see how much ball residue you have on the club face. Grooves matter. For me the most versatile wedge has been the original Ping Eye 2 sand wedge at 58...
 Last I read (wral.com) the land has been sold. Herman is supposed to be one of the best (check him out on youtube) but I would not spend $150 /hour for kids lessons. Tim, the head pro at KP does clinics for kids 7-9 and the next one starts 8/9. It's 4 Saturdays 9-10am and I think it cost $60 total. Tim along with Hutch and Tatoo are really good with kids, that is the route I would take with an 8 year old.I'll be there bright and early tomorrow if you want to play.
Hi Joe, I'm David. If you are ever looking for someone to play either 9 or 18 let me know. I live near Knights Play and practice there just about every day.If you are thinking about lessons, Herman Williams (http://thesandtrap.com/t/72190/herman-williams-golf-good-or-not) now teaches at KP.Also if you have any interest in playing Crooked Creek you had better do it this summer. They are closing down later this year.