or Connect

Posts by Hollister

Oh, got mine a few weeks ago. Now I know how closely I followed the TST threads over the years. Familiarity strikes, but in a little more condensed forum than TST.   So, LSW is like your favorite sirup then...
Being the depicted as indispensible for the avid golf by the members of TST, we Europeans would like to get the book, too. And pronto, pleeease.   Would you pay twice the price for the book and wait up to four week for it to show up? And then even have to drive between 10 and 40 minutes to a customs office, wait cheerily for another 30mins in the line, because everything about 30 US$ is subject to an import taxation? Took me nearly three hours to pick up golf clubs that...
 Should be around $60 with intl shipping to Germany including tax. To save that extra cash you have to find a friend visiting the US and have him buy the book. I am waiting for my friend to return in a couple of days. Hope he does not get hooked reading it and somehow looses the book... Silly solution, print on demand might be a viable solution in the meantime...
Oiii, $29 for the book, $18 for intl. shipping, $10 tax - about $60 overall. Plus three weeks wait. Uugh.   Do you plan to sell via Amazon UK, which cuts shipping and tax expenditures?   OK, I dare to ask (I read this on page 11): When do you plan to think about the ebook release?
Just stumbled over a longer article on that matter at pgatour.com http://www.pgatour.com/news/2014/05/20/ben-hogan-golf-clubs-terry-koehler.html 
The news has been around for a while, I read it first yesterday. One of the many sources:http://theaposition.com/golf-equipment/golf/equipment/6645/ben-hogan-co-planning-2015-comeback Since former Hogan staff from Ft. Worth is involved, I am truly thrilled :D 
Yeah, yeah - I get what you are saying. Changing the club is easier than adjusting, testing, ...   Spin was about 2,400 to 2,800 with the JetSpeed, 2,800 to 3,000 with the TM 425, the launch angle 14-16 vs. 10-13, ball speed was not displayed on the mini tablet. Regarding the spin numbers, I am so sure how accurate they are with range balls that are approx. 15 % distance reduced.   My priority is still to get the AoA up. Accuracy, consistency and then the swing speed....
I know, I am tempted. But let me explain my current math of the deal:   The launch angle of my (old) driver was only 13deg. I can change the weights and make it launch higher - 8gr. from the front to the back. Thats what I have to check before deciding, tests say the weight change would add about 1.4degrs. Having access to a TrackMan, makes the tinkering possible.   BTW, the deal for the driver test was to receive a discount by the increased length you get with a TM....
Hit the JetSpeed and the SLDR yesterday, had data recorded by a Trackman unit.   It took 14deg. with the SLDR to match the launch conditions of the JetSpeed with 10.5 (both with stiff shafts, my clubhead speed avg. was 90mph). The weight distribution is completely different... Compared to my driver, a 2007 TM 425 with a regular shaft and standard weight settings, the JetSpeed carried the ball about 20+ yards further due to a higher launch angle. I did not have to time to...
Went out to hit these beauties today.   The CB looked very like the MC or even the MB at address. Nice to look at. Hit OK.   The MC looks like a blade, but does not have the touch and sound. Hitting the MB just put a smile on my face. Very nice. First time I hit something coming close to my 1988 Hogan Apex.   Well, MC for the handicap, MB for fun. After hitting the CBs and MCs, the MBs look really, really tiny. Classic club.   (I jet have to hit Nike or Mizuno...