or Connect

Posts by Hollister

Yeah, yeah - I get what you are saying. Changing the club is easier than adjusting, testing, ...   Spin was about 2,400 to 2,800 with the JetSpeed, 2,800 to 3,000 with the TM 425, the launch angle 14-16 vs. 10-13, ball speed was not displayed on the mini tablet. Regarding the spin numbers, I am so sure how accurate they are with range balls that are approx. 15 % distance reduced.   My priority is still to get the AoA up. Accuracy, consistency and then the swing speed....
I know, I am tempted. But let me explain my current math of the deal:   The launch angle of my (old) driver was only 13deg. I can change the weights and make it launch higher - 8gr. from the front to the back. Thats what I have to check before deciding, tests say the weight change would add about 1.4degrs. Having access to a TrackMan, makes the tinkering possible.   BTW, the deal for the driver test was to receive a discount by the increased length you get with a TM....
Hit the JetSpeed and the SLDR yesterday, had data recorded by a Trackman unit.   It took 14deg. with the SLDR to match the launch conditions of the JetSpeed with 10.5 (both with stiff shafts, my clubhead speed avg. was 90mph). The weight distribution is completely different... Compared to my driver, a 2007 TM 425 with a regular shaft and standard weight settings, the JetSpeed carried the ball about 20+ yards further due to a higher launch angle. I did not have to time to...
Went out to hit these beauties today.   The CB looked very like the MC or even the MB at address. Nice to look at. Hit OK.   The MC looks like a blade, but does not have the touch and sound. Hitting the MB just put a smile on my face. Very nice. First time I hit something coming close to my 1988 Hogan Apex.   Well, MC for the handicap, MB for fun. After hitting the CBs and MCs, the MBs look really, really tiny. Classic club.   (I jet have to hit Nike or Mizuno...
 Yep, got one. Thought the same about its use for the last drives - way better than packing up. They feel more like range rockets or 2-piece distance balls. Hope I do not have to use it that often in the next weeks.
 Yep - last years TaylorMade drivers had crazy high spin numbers compared to my 2007 TaylorMade. But last year we hit it like always, according to TM. And adjustability was more for TM and the resellers having to produce only one club type instead of many. This year we are hitting up. Yikes, 2+ degrees more loft. I would be happy if the free press (=journalists) would look behind the curtain and question, or even truly test, the new gear. But hey, it is a marketing...
Still playing the ole clubs from 10years ago. The still refuse to wear out!   Still hit the 2007 driver bad enough - does hitting a 2014 stick really make the ball go further/straighter and my swing flaws go away?    Reading the list every Spring, I get the testing-bug. Last year I surrounded myself with all the TaylorMake drivers the range had to offer. My 2007 driver still performed OK. It already has four weights to move around - after testing each Spring I put them...
In case it helps anyone - here is a list of MPF shaft replacement codes http://www.golfworks.com/images/art/BenHogan.pdf
After a good nights sleep and looking-up the Rifle Flighted 6.0 shaft-flex, which equals a stiff or even stiff+, I do not really understand the correlation of shaft flex and performance of my particular sticks anymore. A too stiff shaft should let me leave ball short (or right?) when not having the appropriate swing speed. A too weak shaft should lead to ballooning balls, as I saw with my regular graphite shafts. Or lead to over-draws? Clueless. Maybe I should go and get...
Took those four to the range today and see, how the rifle flighted shaft would compare to the regular (clubs 1+2)   Club 1: Apex 50th (2003), steel Rifle Flighted 6.0 shaft, 32,5 degrees (27 balls) Club 2: Apex 50th (2003), steel regular shaft Apex 3, 32,5 degrees (14 balls) Club 3: Apex Redline (1988), steel stiff shaft Apex 4, 33,5 degrees (17 balls) Club 4: Apex ftx (2006), steel regular shaft Apex 3, 30 degrees (20 balls)   As if I was waiting for it - 2 degrees...