or Connect

Posts by Hollister

Woah, thanks! That'll lighten up someone... Yes, it will be a total hip replacement. I searched the Internet high and low and found just incoherent bits and pieces. Guys beginning to play golf after six weeks (ha, ha) up to about six to eight months when feeling honestly well etc. Doctors seem to be very vague with timelines. Nearly nothing on how-to-swing-it. Thanks again!
Hi guys, anyone of you knows what it is like to play golf with a refurbished left hip joint first hand or from a closer friend? Will golf be the same? Does one have to re-learn the swing to relieve the front hip? Oh, not me - my dear uncle...
Just set your weight a little bit more forward then you are used to. When comfy, try more. Setting the weight simplyfies the drill and gives you a better feel for the impact position. Well, try flipping with Eriks set-up...Back from the range - know I am having fun. Hitting half and 3/4 shots with 30-40% solid contacts. Yes, will do that the whole week. Hope to get good shots up to 50-60%.
Been trying hard to do it. Now I really get the idea and feel of steep shoulders plus extension on the follow thru. But I still do not get the ground contact right - currently it is a mix of shots. Yeah, I know, lateral movement not tilting back. Your drill, Erik, helps a lot to concentrate on the wrists. Brain to body... Oh, do I have to get a green shirt to get the flying wedge drill right?
Never had a problem playing golf with glasses. OK, when beginning I wore the bottle bottom Bill G. variety, then when I silenced my head a bit I moved to... Nope, everything fine with chin down and specs here.
I do as Charlie, Rickie, Mikey and my swing doctors do. Gravity does the rest. So it is down for me.
Ohh, way too Rickie for his age :D
Hm, I like to play such a round of boring golf, too :D
Congrats! Same, same. What does your slow-mo say? Do you come off the plane? At our GC they had a Ping fitting "event" - you got measured up and a recommendation for the right Ping hardware.I am asking myself, when would a fitting be right? When would I need this club or that shaft? My answer is currently: When my swing would be consistent.Would you regard yours as consistent enough?
Hello world, here comes my first blog entry: Been working in front of a mirror for the last days since I had no time to hit the range. Printed the Charlie Wi's key positions and tried to copy them. Think that was a good idea, got a couple of insights! Found a very good feel to hit P2: Starting the back swing with the back (right) leg straightening, which moves the hip/torso a little. Then I point my front arms thumb (left) hip high back - right of the right hip....