or Connect

Posts by Hollister

I do as Charlie, Rickie, Mikey and my swing doctors do. Gravity does the rest. So it is down for me.
Ohh, way too Rickie for his age :D
Hm, I like to play such a round of boring golf, too :D
Congrats! Same, same. What does your slow-mo say? Do you come off the plane? At our GC they had a Ping fitting "event" - you got measured up and a recommendation for the right Ping hardware.I am asking myself, when would a fitting be right? When would I need this club or that shaft? My answer is currently: When my swing would be consistent.Would you regard yours as consistent enough?
Hello world, here comes my first blog entry: Been working in front of a mirror for the last days since I had no time to hit the range. Printed the Charlie Wi's key positions and tried to copy them. Think that was a good idea, got a couple of insights! Found a very good feel to hit P2: Starting the back swing with the back (right) leg straightening, which moves the hip/torso a little. Then I point my front arms thumb (left) hip high back - right of the right hip....
Hmm, 700 bucks to cross the pond for a nice day? Think I have the wrong job. Gotta waive participation this time. Sigh.
Yep friction causes blisters. Either the grip moves (hitting the ground etc.) or the fingers rub each other. You've gotta change that! Hm, no. Think the Pro got fooled by "deep hands" combined with the right wrist hinge at P3 (arms parallel to the ground - back swing).
Anti-chicken-wing-drill: Half shots ending with straight arms. Anti-Fat-Drill: Try to keep your head (and therefore your shoulder centers) in place. Don't move forward (head etc.), don't move down. Again, doc prescribes half swings. Casting: Work on right wrist hinge. Oh, I am just a high handicapper currently learning S&T and just got that covered - do it in the above order :D
Good question - my start seems to be totally different: I begin straightening my back leg, letting my left shoulder drop in that process plus beginning to bend my back arm. At least it is my feeling... Oh, its with Stack & Tilt.
Well, I never had a formal golf lesson - just a few instructors walking by and dispensing free tips on shoulder turn and a straight left wrist. I think that it is just a normal move and feels really, really awkward when trying. I always hit the ground first when just trying to slide forward, even having my weight forward. And still do...