or Connect

Posts by Hollister

Hmm, ever thought about using foam balls? At least when hitting the driver with full force into a net?   But don't try these whiffer balls...
Priceless...   Could one please give Stretch some monkey award quick  @( 'o' )@
Well, good to know. Then the average good golfer would see different results hitting 9,5° drivers, right?    I am still playing old stuff, but was thinking about getting an R11, R11s or maybe an R1 - until I hit the R1. Compared to my old R7, there was not much gain to justify the change. Sad, but true. I try it again in late Summer.   I think that my swing is still the challenge to get more distance, not the new driver. Next I try to hit a few and have a TrackmanPro...
Been tinkering with the driver over the past weeks, especially after seeing Mayo and James hitting-up-on-the-driver videos.   Then I read this article yesterday:     I went like "suuurrrre"... Go figure.    I still play the R7 425 10.5° from Taylor Made which gives a nice, piercing ball flight. OK, carry is 230 max plus a healthy 30 to 40 yard roll in dry conditions. Am trying to hit up on the ball, but still struggle to keep balance with the forward ball position and not...
Well, that language thing again. Progress vs. patience. Patience like in be ready to "wait for the good things to come" when doing as you prescribe, work hard and systematic.     Being on golf distance-learning for 18 months was great, but in retrospect I did not fully understand what I have been told to do. That language thing again, plus the lack of knowledge at what to look and check when practicing. In-person training would have been better back then.   Next time I...
Call it trust and I am on your page, Erik. In order to follow suit (obey lika a monkey if you will), one needs to see results eventually. When will you publish a thread on patience?
  Got it - more extension and the curve gets right. Great video, thanks James (and Joseph Mayo)!
  I never ever curved the ball with the driver that much and that high - even with the range rocks. Am eager to hit the course trying it with real balls and see how far they go.   In order to have the ball curve less, I either open the club more (and get even higher balls) or move the ball a bit back again?
I began with Apex Edge irons from 2001 and still like them. The regular graphite shaft gets to be a little soft on my (balloning shots), distance is still OK.  I am currently messing around with different Apex blades for fun. If you mishit them, you loose much distance - bet you already figured that out, I guess. The Apex Edge from 2001 or 2006 are a good choice.    You could look at buying cheap single irons and try them (or look at the guys Hogan clubs at your...
Was out with the Apex 99 blades today - they were not that easy to hit. Played 12 over and a few bad iron shots added to that result. Am still figuring out the yardages, but if I hit it too slow or off center, I get 5 to 15 yards or more less distance. Well, the Apex 5 shafts dont help in that regard either. Still fun to play 15yo sticks.    Going with the 25yo Redlines Apex 4 shafts is even harder to do - they are a little less forgiving and have even lower lofts....