or Connect

Posts by Hollister

Yes, thats golf. The above is my observation (high-speed cam) and how things work for me.   Over the past six months I had a very close look at my mishits on video. I learned a lot and begin to be able to translate the needed fix into a feel that works for me. Hopefully more often than in the past.   I usually kill my holes/rounds with mishits often from the tee. A round might begin good with pars and bogeys, but my end at hole six with a big push (block to the...
Last time I looked at the go pro they had no review screens, but came with a wide-angle lens and 60fps and fixtures of several surfaces.   The best solution would be to buy a used Casio Exilim FH-25 and a remote (or a FH-100). But other cams with 30+fps work fine in broad daylight, too.
Welcome to the club :D   For me it is a arms/hips synchronisation or sequencing issue. (look here downswing sequencing)   My observation for the pull hook is that I rotate the forearms excessively, hence close the club face too fast swinging in-to-out. It happens when I want to hit it far or forceful. Fix: I sort of watch the back of my trailing hand after impact to arms parallel to the ground - the back has to face more down/sideways than up. (for the club face...
Wow, nice! Congrats to the good choice, Manfrotto gear is always great.   I would love to use a remote, but my cam is too basic.    Now I have to go to the hardware store before the season starts... (still snow out there at my end)
Here we are again with data for the 6 iron from a TrackMan Range, hit about 10 each with heavy range balls at -2 degrees C (25 F). Distance is completely off, due to range balls, but Pro tells me that the spin should be close to the real values. Hit club no. 1 not that good in the beginning.   Club 1: Apex Redline (1988), steel stiff shaft Apex 4, 33,5 degrees Club 2: Apex Blade (1999), steel x stiff shaft Spalding Apex 5, 32,5 degrees Club 3: Apex 50th (2003),...
I begin to get confused now. Yesterday I read that mchepp hits it farther with the R1, now you loose 30 yards hitting the R11.   Why all the variance? Applying Eriks first post I would expect that you all hit them about the same distance.
It fits, I tried it. I used my standard Casio cam that I usually screw on my GorillaPod SLR. Same size.   If you make the trip to the cam store with your trolley, please, please get some photos of yours and your wheeled tripod - fun for everybody.      Regarding the swingshot: Nice idea, but I do not see one buying it for 299,- instead of a cam you can use for other things that comes with a playback screen...
Oh, great. Then I go buy a few more lessons, right? Will do. (BTW, Erik sells lessons, not clubs ...)   The other day I bought clubs from 1988, because I like the looks. Blades. Fun thing is, they fly the range rock-ball as far as my GI clubs from 2001. The 1988 stick has 3 degrees more loft and stiff shafts and worn grooves and are hard to hit blades. That made me go hmmm. Bought another set I really liked from 1999 for cheap. Am happy now. Really happy. Now I just...
Ha, another one: the clicgaer umbrella holder has the same screw-size that would fit in your cam. I just tried it screwing the umbrella holder into my cam. It works, but looks funny :D   So everybody owning a clicgear push trolley (and maybe loads of other trolleys owners, too), you already have a wheeled tripod with you. You just have to buy a double-sided screw and a cheapo tripod head.
Between navel and sternum is OK.   You can adjust the grip of the Clickgear to go a little higher (or lower) - pretty much perfect. Good for filming on the course.   Another solution (better for the range) is to buy a cheap cam tripod for the same price. Is is probably on the bulky side, but the cheap ones are light in weight. It is way easier to adjust and move around (down the line vs. caddy view). I always have to get a bar stool to make videos on the range -...