or Connect

Posts by Hollister

Was out with the Apex 99 blades today - they were not that easy to hit. Played 12 over and a few bad iron shots added to that result. Am still figuring out the yardages, but if I hit it too slow or off center, I get 5 to 15 yards or more less distance. Well, the Apex 5 shafts dont help in that regard either. Still fun to play 15yo sticks.    Going with the 25yo Redlines Apex 4 shafts is even harder to do - they are a little less forgiving and have even lower lofts....
Thanks for the video, Mike.    James gave me the "right elbow to the navel" motto via evolvr a while ago. Been pondering it since - and trying to make it work since then. Problem is, I tend to hit ground behind the ball when trying it (like you show it at the beginning of the video).   When I look at Sergio at A6 (foreswing, shaft parallel to the ground), his elbow is at his side. Compare yourself at 6.05 with the practice moves earlier - your right elbow is...
My first irons were Apex Edge from 2001. Now I have four different Hogan sets. But I have to warn you: Do not look at Apex Blades!   They are so effing nice..., if you can hit em.
I do not like modern GI irons either...   When in doubt, just buy a used iron cheap from ebay and try it out. Hit it on the course and see, how you fare with it. The MX25 has a cavity back and positioned for handicaps around 20 and below. Try before you buy.   @Prodaytrader Conspiracy? Sure... Why dont you buy used stuff off ebay - no questions asked.
It depends on whether there still are collectors around, which are interested in brand new clubs.    As a Hogan irons fan I am watching ebay auctions for quite a while. New Hogan blades seldom sell for 750+ $, Euros or GBP, used ones dont over 350. A graphite shafted GI oriented club from the past should be even harder to sell than blades.
Ditto. Buy a used or new blade from the bay and (try to) have fun with it. It will either teach you a little humility or make you concentrate more on hitting the ball right. I bought one 6 iron off ebay last Summer - now I own three sets of blades, which are really tiny compared to my GI irons. And soooo beautiful. Bought them all used, for little money and they do play great.   But for a turney I would always go back to a little more forgiving club (I think...
Yes, thats golf. The above is my observation (high-speed cam) and how things work for me.   Over the past six months I had a very close look at my mishits on video. I learned a lot and begin to be able to translate the needed fix into a feel that works for me. Hopefully more often than in the past.   I usually kill my holes/rounds with mishits often from the tee. A round might begin good with pars and bogeys, but my end at hole six with a big push (block to the...
Last time I looked at the go pro they had no review screens, but came with a wide-angle lens and 60fps and fixtures of several surfaces.   The best solution would be to buy a used Casio Exilim FH-25 and a remote (or a FH-100). But other cams with 30+fps work fine in broad daylight, too.
Welcome to the club :D   For me it is a arms/hips synchronisation or sequencing issue. (look here downswing sequencing)   My observation for the pull hook is that I rotate the forearms excessively, hence close the club face too fast swinging in-to-out. It happens when I want to hit it far or forceful. Fix: I sort of watch the back of my trailing hand after impact to arms parallel to the ground - the back has to face more down/sideways than up. (for the club face...
Wow, nice! Congrats to the good choice, Manfrotto gear is always great.   I would love to use a remote, but my cam is too basic.    Now I have to go to the hardware store before the season starts... (still snow out there at my end)