or Connect

Posts by Hollister

Hi Hogan-fans,   how does an Apex 5 x stiff shaft from 1998 (on Apex 1999) play compared to up-to-date stiff shafts? Should be a shaft Spalding made or bought...   I currently practice with Apex 4 shafts on clubs from 1988 and my 6i travels the same distance than the stronger lofted 2006 Apex 3 6i.   Is x stiff from 1998 todays stiff? Like the old 7i loft is todays 8i loft?    And yes, I do not know my swing speed...
Arrrrgh - wrong subject for this forum - please ignore the subject. Sorry...   Anyways, I practice with regular steel and stiff steel shafts. I get more distance with a stiff shaft. I am about to try a x stiff shaft from 1998.     What would typically happen when hitting a stiffer shaft with a too low swing speed?   When hitting my regular graphite shafts, my shots get way too much height. A pro seeing my shots instantly came over to talk about new clubs,...
Yes VMAN, I saw the pictures of your green. SWG do an amazing job. I have got their turf, too.   Are you still satisfied with the slopes of your green? Would you do something different?   Since my green will be kind of longish, it will be limited slope-wise. I am thinking to have one long side flat for straight, long putts - and one end of the other side sloping down at 1 to 2 %. I don't think I will be able to get 3 %.
Your picts are priceless - I saw them a while ago.   Due to injury I pushed digging to this fall. Sad, I know.   Been thinking about a possible 6 hole course the last months. Two straight par 3s, two par five round-the-house-dog-leg hole (could be a par 6 hole, too) and two par four. Aha, gotta have something to do in the Winter... Well, my green will be behind the house. "Better put a bush there, it will hide your playground nicely." Yep, dear, whatever you...
The practice greens are way slower at my place, too. Found it hard to estimate the Stimp speed on the course so far.   Still got no AimCharts, used the App the first time yesterday. Wrong pace on the first two holes (thanks to slow practice greens at 8, course at 10 - and a little lack of trust/commitment). Three one-putts on the next three holes - twice from 20 feet, once from 15 feet. Hmm, I think I like AimPoint even more after yesterday. The App is a little...
I hear ya. Hope I can get hold of such effing bubble here in Europe sometime soon. Waiting for my charts, too. The iApp is OK, but too fiddly on the course.   Using my feet to access the green is an enormous help so far even without using the charts.   Tempo on my home course remains a challenge. The practice green is slow compared to the course - and those green vary quite a bit. Getting their (relative) stimp speed would be my next important step.   Huh,...
Ah, well - that is why I chose to name it "entertaining" video. The dirters (SITD) are fun to watch - Elk makes Golf look like an epic quest. (Were ten words could say it all.)   The Blacklock video has more on Hogan's swing, but IMHO it is not really worth watching it. I got it for free from the Hogan Club. I remember a McLean video on Hogans swing, which was as interesting as Hogans book.
Interesting topic - I have a video from a Luther Blacklock on what he coined "Radial Ball Positioning". The video is called "The Lost Fundamentals Of Ben Hogan". Google and you find a few interesting threads on his view of Hogan ball positioning.   Furthermore an entertaining video with Elk on that matter:  
Yo, back again after much work syncing arms and body with the long sticks. Yesterdays 9 hole round was the best I have played this year (4 pars, 9 over with still 2 balls lost!).     Thanks for your offer, Adam, but I am quite happy with my in-to-out swing path. It is more about club face control. Forgot which of the 5SKs that was.   Last round saw just a couple of 10yard pushes plus one bigger push slice.    My push-slice fix for the round for the tee...
  The best place to for S&T instructors is here: http://stackandtilt.com/stackandtilt-instructors/   If you do not find one in your vicinity, just use the email link and ask them - their lists might be a little outdated.