or Connect

Posts by Hollister

I hear ya. Hope I can get hold of such effing bubble here in Europe sometime soon. Waiting for my charts, too. The iApp is OK, but too fiddly on the course.   Using my feet to access the green is an enormous help so far even without using the charts.   Tempo on my home course remains a challenge. The practice green is slow compared to the course - and those green vary quite a bit. Getting their (relative) stimp speed would be my next important step.   Huh,...
Ah, well - that is why I chose to name it "entertaining" video. The dirters (SITD) are fun to watch - Elk makes Golf look like an epic quest. (Were ten words could say it all.)   The Blacklock video has more on Hogan's swing, but IMHO it is not really worth watching it. I got it for free from the Hogan Club. I remember a McLean video on Hogans swing, which was as interesting as Hogans book.
Interesting topic - I have a video from a Luther Blacklock on what he coined "Radial Ball Positioning". The video is called "The Lost Fundamentals Of Ben Hogan". Google and you find a few interesting threads on his view of Hogan ball positioning.   Furthermore an entertaining video with Elk on that matter:  
Yo, back again after much work syncing arms and body with the long sticks. Yesterdays 9 hole round was the best I have played this year (4 pars, 9 over with still 2 balls lost!).     Thanks for your offer, Adam, but I am quite happy with my in-to-out swing path. It is more about club face control. Forgot which of the 5SKs that was.   Last round saw just a couple of 10yard pushes plus one bigger push slice.    My push-slice fix for the round for the tee...
  The best place to for S&T instructors is here: http://stackandtilt.com/stackandtilt-instructors/   If you do not find one in your vicinity, just use the email link and ask them - their lists might be a little outdated.
  Woah. Mind sharing an inside view of his philosophy behind the right ball placement? Did the lesson take more than a hour? Bet so...
Being on vacation I stumbled upon an AimPoint instructor and convinced him to give me the fundamentals lesson. That was pure luck here in Europe currently.   Woah, putting balls that close (in)to a hole I would otherwise expect me to have another 1-2 feet put left. Wished he did photos of me grinning big time.   I never thought that "reading" green with my feet could be that easy. I am thrilled to go practicing!   The downside of my private lesson - he had no...
  Count me in on that. Thats why a cam is so damn important. Self assessment and correction gets you further. I am repeating the lessons from a year ago over and over, because several things tend to revert back to where I was 18 months ago. And that is the very reason why I value distance/video instruction. Would be nice to have Erik and friends for an in-person lesson a bit nearer to where I am.   Thats the fun of golf - learning never ends. Hit, view the video, smile,...
Yeah, there we go again - brands, different lofts and distance (see my post #215)   I hit the 9i with 42 degrees loft consistently 120 yards. Your Burner Plus 9i has 40 degrees of loft - your distance should equal about mine with a lower loft. Your 8i has 36 degrees loft - mine 38. So you next distances would/should increment in about 10 yard steps.   I saw a chart listing typical distances for hi-/mid-/low handicaps - gotta dig it up. Found it true for me.
No wonder that the golf courses get longer...   Found a list of yardages for the "reasonably proficient 40-year-old male golfer of average height" hitting "modern" lofted clubs into still wind:     4-iron, 170 yards, 155 meters 5-iron, 160 yards, 146 meters 6-iron, 150 yards, 137 meters 7-iron, 140 yards, 128 meters 8-iron, 130 yards, 118 meters 9-iron, 120 yards, 109 meters   No. 3 hybrid, 185 to 190 yards, 169 - 173 meters No. 4 hybrid, 180 to...