or Connect

Posts by Hollister

I do not mean to offend you with junior golf blabber. But I am still smiling after have seen this video a while ago. No voodoo, simple "truths", understandable. Nice prep talk most of us should have received while in school. But it is never too late. I few Zen ideas should be applicable to golf, too.     PS: How do tour players handle their issues? Just watch the blow-ups every Sunday on TV. Why does Charlie Wi and a lot more do not close the deal on Sundays? At...
Yep, right, on the course things have to work and thinking has to stop. Thats why I was asking for a fix. I will aim even more to the left the next time for the rest of the round and stop thinking about it.   The analysis on the driving range helped to analyze the why. Since changing to S&T two years ago, the push was always an issue, albeit a small one. I worked the last months on getting the right arm higher and the left arm "in front" of my body at to top of the...
Well, you have to ask yourself why club face and path are on the same in-to-out line at impact. You can work on both to improve the ball flight.   The best is to video your swing and have it looked at either here or by your pro. Without video it is really hard to analyze.   Here the chart I have always in my bag (to remind me and show to my friends when discussing ball flight). Closing the club face (stronger grip) should in theory help to produce to a draw (8 ->...
I consider myself way post Faldo...   My arms at P4 look like the Strech pic - and he is not happy with it, too.
OK, got video. I am swinging too far back, the left arm is too low. Not new, but I thought I fixed it over the past weeks before moving to other things last week.    Fix: point the right thumb down the stance line at P3, to the right ear at A/P4 - feel-wise, that is. And let the flexing right arm do the lifting from P3 on. And a few things more on the down-swing.   Ah, I begin babbling to myself again. Well, I need a caddie with a cam shadowing me on the course....
:D   Been back to my evolvr lessons 18 months ago. I find that I understand things way better now. OK, the 6 months winter injury related break left a lot time to read up on things.   And yes, I have to put some work in on the right wrist action on the downswing. I still tend to forget that on the course.   Next time I try to quick fix the push "watching" the hands a little closer.
Grip should be OK - I will check next time.   My golf bible says "but of the club" could be a possible cause. I worked on elbows (closer together) lately, which made my results with the driver way better. The iron swing seems to suffered a bit from exaggerated moves for the driver.   So it is back to the range...
Hi all,   been hitting a lot of pushes today on the course - and a few push slices with the longer sticks.   What is the most likely fix for a push during a round for you?
Still using my set of 2001 Ben Hogan Apex Edge graphite shafted clubs   I finally bought one mint Apex 50 blade with a stiff steel shaft from 2004 a few weeks ago. It is really beautiful. Interestingly I have am able to hit it, too. That made appetite for more, so I bought a set of 1988 Apex Red Lines which should arrive every minute. 60 bucks for a good condition are worth a try, me thinks.   Yes, I am currently in love with the Ben Hogan brand. Since the name...
I have got a half tent, which works well. Mostly I am using a small mat since I am not keen to ruin my precious turf. Nope, I do not use the driver and anything 4 hybrid up with regular golf balls - too dangerous. Same goes for 9 iron and down. If I have to use em, I'll hit wiffer/air/foam balls into the net. Sometimes I hit air balls around the house using a wedge... Otherwise a net is nice to help working on details using a mirror or a digi cam - that is not always...