or Connect

Posts by summerman

I have the 52's and love them. I'm a 20 but can break into the lower 80's now. They are really nice. You can curve them by just putting your left foot forward or back and oppening and closing the face a little. Take a divot and they fly straight and true. Really great feel. You won't regret the purchase. I tried my friends mx20's and loved them so got on the mizuno forged wagon. Tried a bunch and got a great deal on ebay for 52's. I was afraid they were too much...
I have the mizuno mp 52's and I'm a 20 handicapper or so and they are helping my game imensly. shot 40, 42, (on 9) and a 84 on tough course. don't be afraid to get a club above your current ability. I think it helps more in the end.
I'm currently using Wilson Smartcore ball. Its a straight ball that doesn't quite feel like a marble and with my 10.5 titleist driver I'm keeping it in the fairway like never before. I am however missing the stopping power on the greens. It always releases and rolls... alot. I don't want to ball that spins like crazy off tee as I can really get a slice going. Anyone have a suggestion? Thanks.
I think I'm missing something. How is spinning the shaft changing anything? Isn't this the same as just turning the club in your hand? Does anybody have pictures of one of these clubs adjusted each way side by side to show the difference? Wouldn't the angle of the hosel also have to change? What am I missing. I went to the store and the salesman could only repeat what was in the ad, then scratch his head. (like I'm doing now.)
I suffer some of the same at times. My cure for my driver slice is to make sure my hands are under my chin when driving, (keep the club close to me so as I'm not reaching.) It feels a little cramped at first but it has been working. As far as hitting 3 iron to right. You may need a more upright lie on your club. Having the wrong lie shows up more in the long irons. I hit my 3 to the right, 4 a little less, 5 a little better etc. I then had lie changed and it was much...
I just got a used set of mp52's and love them. I was shooting high 90's and now hit 85 and going lower. They are really nice. I was looking at pings and calloways until a friend demanded I try his mx 20's. One round and I was convinced. Wow... I then bid on a few mx 20 sets on ebay but no luck. I then tried the mx 300's mx 200's and 58's and 52's etc. I finally got a great dbay deal on a used mp52 set $450 . I love them. You will love them. They felt better to...
UPDATE, I ended up getting a used set of MP52's on bayarama for $425 used. I took them to range 2xs and played 9 today. I love them. I messed around and wanted to get KZG's but too expensive up here and too much trouble finding anyone to build them.... Maybe my next ones will be KZG but I really like these Miz 52's. They are solid and easy to hit. 3 and 4 arn't bad either. I hit a 5 iron 195 stiff. If you put a decent swing on them they just go where you were...
I'm wondering about making a set of irons. How many of you have done so and was it ever a mistake? What do you do about adjusting lie, loft, swing weight, and what about frequency of shafts, splinining or spining whatever it's called? I'm thinking for 200-300 I can get a full set. I just picture me in the basement with the dremel cutting shafts then putting them in a vise and banging them with a hammer and going out to the course with the ugliest things ever. So has...
Precision stiff for the Wishon and KZG stiff, the mizuno mx 20 has dynalite gold with sensicore (feels great) Mx 200 had standard issue stiff whatever.
Evolutions?