or Connect

Posts by Billbill13

Does anybody know what golf course is used in the filming of the Xeralto commercial with Kevin Nealon, Arnold Palmer and others...
I honestly don't see any problems with players WD'ing if they are not hurt, mildly hurt or actually hurt. They are basically independent contractors who have the right to quit working when they want to.  The repercussions should be between them and their sponsors and keeping their tour cards qualified for.   If you bought a ticket to see a specific player play for a baseball team and when you got to the stadium you would be upset if they took the day off but you would...
I generally hit it farther on the course than at the simulator because most simulators are set to sea level and I play about sea level and the air is thinner so ball travels farther.  But could vary on a case by case basis. The best thing is to find a field or place to hit balls where you can walk out to where they land and then hit balls with the same club(s) then you can really see the true distance and get a good feel for your "clusters" so to speak.
I carry usually 2-4 sleeves in my bag depending on when I restock, I usually play a round with 3 balls in the cart ball holder.  I usually don't lose too many balls.  I'll usually take a ball out of play if its scuffed or played more than 3 rounds before I lose it.
I did see a noticable improvement in distance with the pro-combo's...was around 145-150 with 8 iron before and with the pro-combo's dropped down to a 9 iron from that same distance...now with the VR splits hitting PW from 145...sometimes I think it is all mental and that when you get new clubs you are jacked up to hit 'em so they go farther for a while but the pro-combo's stayed pretty consistent and so far the VR's are too...
VR splits have been a great club for me...I actually picked up about 10-15 yds per club with them over the pro-combo's I was playing...if you have a club around with a demo day play a round with all of them and see what you like...the simulator will only give you so much feedback...but again the VR's have been great for me...I have played about 6 rounds since getting them and seen an improvement in my ball striking, trajectory and distance...the VR's also have great...
I use to play the pro-combo's prior to getting the VR split cavity and loved them they were a great club...the 8-PW give you a lot of feel...However I really love the VR splits...they give me a lot of feel and forgivness for an occassional mis-hit...if you get tired of the pro-combo's look for the VR splits they are an awesome club.
I'm consitently 280+ yards off the tee with my drive but the problem is it comes back around another 80+ yards to the right and either in the next fairway, two fairways over or best yet OB. I average 250+ off the tee with my 3-wood and the last three rounds of golf I have played I have used driver twice and that was because the first one went OB.
I joined this year, got a special rate $15 plus all the freebies.
Never, I would rather shoot 50 over than change my headcovers....