or Connect

Posts by k14

Probably closer to 4:30 min/mile for the 10k. He did the 5000m in 13:34 earlier this year.
He did what? Spent 20 hours a day practicing golf for the last 4 years? Yeah sure....
Interesting way to look at it. Just an FYI, I can see Lydia Ko's handicap history from the NZ golf website. If we say that she was practicing ~2000 hours a year then two years before she turned pro (Feb 2011) she was playing off +6.0. A year before that she was playing off +2.1. When she turned pro her handicap was +6.7. There is probably a little as all of her overseas rounds are not counted in that calc. Not sure how this relates to Dan. Comparing one of the best golfers...
IMO, all of these things are a complete waste of time. I had a swingbyte 2 which I recently sold because I used it for about 20 mins once and then never again. Unless you have a coach that can tell you specifically what you want to try and achieve (in terms of numbers the gizmo reports) then there is no direction as to what is a good number to try and aim for. They give you ranges for the fields that are reported but if you are inside them already but still hit it crap...
Yeah that's one way to put it. Nick Willis won the silver medal at the 2008 olympics in the 1500m. So probably one of the fastest middle distance runners in the world. Still only shot 97 though.
I was thinking the same thing. He regularly posts comments and on more than one occasion they are longer than the blog post itself.
Thought I'd update this thread again. Been doing evolvr again for about 4 months and really starting to get some results back. Still a little rough around the edges but heading in the right direction. Got some 36 hole tournaments (36 holes in 1 day) coming up so looking for some solid results in tournament play. I've played in a few before and my swing just falls apart on game day. So really looking forward to applying my improved swing and also the tricks given in "Lowest...
Man it cracks me up reading his blog. His latest one about ups and downs. He briefly skims over the round mentioning how every bad shot he hit (and it sounded like he hit a lot) bounced fortunately and he managed to shoot low 70's. The next day he goes out and the bounce of the ball goes against him and he shoots low 80's. Reading between the lines I think somehow he thinks the low 80's round is not fair. In reality the low 70's round was a complete fluke and the low 80's...
Very sad day indeed. RIP.   Having directly known 5 people that have committed suicide the way I rationalise it is by saying depression is no different to cancer. Some people get cured, some don't, sadly this is the result when they don't get the treatment they need. It is a disease/illness of the brain and very difficult to diagnose and treat. Until more people start to think of it this way I don't think things will change. (sorry, not wanting to start a suicide thread!)
Alexandra, so you'd have to be Invercargill or Antartica to beat me