or Connect

Posts by james_hirshfield

The brilliant Jon Orchin and Brian Creghan of TourSwagSolutions have been putting it together for me, and I'd also obviously highly recommend Erik Barzeski!
Hi All,   Very excited to say (and bitter sweet also) that I am currently, and for the foreseeable future, back in the UK and want to bring the highest level golf instruction to your door at real, affordable prices!!!   For those that don't know who I am, I have been fortunate to spend much of my time with Erik J. Barzeski, Dave Wedzik and Michael McLoughlin.   My background info is extensive, though I won't go into it here too much, I have been around MORAD,...
Hey guys. Thanks for the kind words A little background on me, I'm 28 years old, played college golf and have been studying the golf swing, the biomechanics, geometry and everything else golf related for a good while now. I eat healthy, live clean and believe in a holistic lifestyle If you would like to chat, feel free to give me a call anytime at 814-464-3446. Good luck on your journey and maybe will see you along your path. (Pun intended) James
Another quick picture demonstrating some of the correct principals golf swings should abide by.... For more pictures, I post many on my Facebook page Facebook.com/MoradMan or find me on twitter.com/hirshfield
I'd like to reiterate what Mike said. Club slipping (unless extreme circumstances) is a biproduct of a poorly structured grip. If you "shot" a nail directly through the top of your wrist (in that little indentation underneath your thumb - the anatomical snuffbox ) the nail should come out directly through the bottom of your wrist and into the GRIP. Most poor grips would have the nail come out the bottom of the wrist and miss the grip on the left side. This would indicate...
Here's some quick stuff Constantine (jetfan83) and I did yesterday Some mapping work to produce results. Changes take time, dedication, work and enjoyment. Having a conceptual understanding doesn't mean you have a physical command of the movement pattern. Procedures take time, but old moves can and WILL go away, just like some of the changes seen here! Well done Constantine and what a blast getting to see ya
Id like to see video obviously, but chances are your extending too early with your weight back. So. In downswing, move all your weight forwards and open fast. Key piece here is to actually try n feel like you INCREASE your forward bend like Tiger. Hit a couple of balls actually LOWERING your upper center as you shift forward and open Let me know how it goes. Lots of other variables and you might not hit the shot SHAPE you want but contact should improve.
A lot of this is dependent on your setup alignments and position of your elbows. Even if you "choose" a stroke that makes the putter head move on an arc, if u had a laser pointing out the bottom of the shaft, it should trace a straight line. even MORE important that any of these principles is understanding absolute and relative rotation. In otherwords the head moving independently to the path, or the putter head "opening and closing" because it's on an arc. These are...
Hi Everyone,    First off Happy Thanksgiving,   I wanted to share with you all my updated and new brochure which has updated prices as well as new packages and deals for those who come and see me more regularly!   As a special offer to the community here at The Sand Trap, I want to offer everyone an additional 10% OFF ALL prices for 1 week from today (until 5th December)   Feel free to call me 814 464 3446, email me, jameshirshfield@gmail.com or tweet me...
  This would be slightly too much for a 6 iron. I would ever want to see more than 110* even max with a driver. It will shift the baseline more to the right and complicate the sequencing into the downswing for an inline patter.