or Connect

Posts by mchepp

Really all of this could be discussed in this thread here:   http://thesandtrap.com/t/79927/the-tiger-woods-retirement-thread   Tiger is not going to retire. He has sponsors that have put their faith in him and I am sure he feels at least a little obligation to support them. Second, his back may or may not be worse than he is letting on and may mean he needs a season or two to completely recover. Either way I agree with many of the others, 5-7 years before he goes...
I am very very torn on this. Everyone here in the Pacific Northwest loved having the event here. A true boon to the area. However, I voted no, but not because of the greens. More the viewing issues at the course.    1. Fans have a really hard time following the action. The hills and uneveness of the course led to holes without any spectators. Many people who drove up said that there were really long lines to get into the grandstands and anywhere else than that was not...
These look really nice. 
 What I find is that there is a core of guys who seem to have been here a long time and then a high number of people who sort of come and go. Tight knit in my opinion can be a double edged sword. Many new people might feel left out of the "clique" and not participate. I find that new members are welcome here and encouraged to become part of the conversation. I think that is one of the best attributes of this site. If you come here with an open mind and a willingness to...
Thanks for posting Mike, it was an interesting discussion.
Correct! It doesn't even need to be a specific video camera anymore. I use my iPhone 6, and most of the newest model cell phones do high speed video also. So you can treat yourself to a new phone and get the golf training aid as a bonus.
I doubt they wanted to mix Poa Annua in with the fescue by design. Poa is a weed and unless it takes over the whole green (Pebble, Torrey) it grows at a different rate than fescue and doesn't lay down like fescue does. Usually when the Poa starts to take over the greenskeeper will keep the grass really long to hide it. Can't really do that at a US Open.This makes sense. Bent and fescue would be a good mixture. I think if you stress fescue by drying it out and cutting it...
Yeah, 100's most each day. Sacramento is a dry heat so it isn't too bad. I have never heard of this course before so I am interested to see how it plays.
Working on the same thing. I am trying so hard to get extension you can see me even get the foot off the ground. It is getting closer.  
Just because an instructor has Golf Digest notice him or awards associated with him does not really mean anything in terms of how good a teacher he is. That said, he could be the best instructor known to man, but if you are not working to make the change he is recommending than no one can really help you. You need to put in the time to change. This means changing motor skills that you have learned and can take a great deal of work to make these changes. I like this video...