or Connect

Posts by podunker

Just to follow up on this. I took the shafts out and did some testing. I used the same balls, tees, hole, etc. to try to keep as little variance as possible. Once again, I don't know what my swing speed with the driver really is. Most are saying I am in the 100-105 range, because of how far I hit my 8 iron. Most say with that swing speed I should stay with the stiff flex shaft. Because of those statements, I almost didn't even try the other shafts out. MAN, WHAT A MISTAKE...
Well I was just looking at some charts on the internet and guessing about the swing speed. Maybe it's closer to 100-105. I hit a good drive about 285 and my TM 3w about 240-250. 
I just purchased a new to me Titleist 913D2 Driver that came with a stiff flex 60 gram RIP Phenom Aldila. I just got the head adjusted the way i like it, which is A2, a little open face. I tried several spots, but this setup gave the straightest and farthest ball flight. A slight draw usually.    Then as I was playing a round today with my buddies, we started discussing shaft flex and they said I should be using an extra stiff shaft. I have never had my swing speed...
Oops........it is suppose to read left hand on top....not right......sorry.   Man I should have proof read that.........Eric can you fix it or can I do it somehow.   It makes no sense as written. 
These thoughts are actually from an old golf instruction book written by Gerry Hogan, but man did they really work for me.   1. keep the left hand on top of the right for as long as you can on the downswing.   (Great for helping me not cast the club and holding the lag as long as possible. Don't worry you will square it up at impact if your grip is right and keep turning your body)   2. imagine the club is a hatchet with the cutting edge facing down when you grip the...
It always surprises me how such a little thing can make a difference in contact. The you showed in that thread Iacas is very similar to my normal grip. Especially the way"both" the "V's" line up between my right shoulder and head.    The grip for this swing is very different feeling anyway. The left hand "V" points toward my right eye, and the left hand "V" points toward my left eye. Like they are opposite of each other, not like I was ever taught. I think the left hand...
This deserves a bump. GREAT DRILL FOR MAINTAINING SPINE ANGLE ON BACK SWING AND FOLLOW THROUGH!   I have a tendency to lose my spine angle on the follow through. Especially later in the round when I start to get tired. When I do, my draw turns into a pull hook.   once again, FANTASTIC DRILL.  I, myself, will add a little hip slide towards the target on the downswing, so it feels like an actual golf swing. I even finish up with my weight on my left side, for right hand...