or Connect

Posts by Shankapotomus

It looks like we will be playing at Pohick Bay on the 11th, our tee time has been confirmed.  It's only 30 minutes from our hotel in Pentagon City and the $61 greens fee is acceptable.  K-Troop, thanks for the reply.
My dad and I will be in the Arlington/Washington DC area the weekend of May 11th.  There are a plethora of golf courses down there and I'm having a hard time deciding where we should play.  Anyone have any suggestions?  We are both high handicappers, somewhere in the mid 20's.  $75 or less green fees, with cart, is our budget.  Thanks. 
On my blog, I just posted two photos along with some more talk about my class experience: http://thesandtrap.com/forum/entries...-June-9th-2010
As some of you know, I am very new to the game and have been trying to learn to swing the club mostly through self-teaching but I also had one lesson with my club "pro". Yesterday, I attended a Stack and Tilt class offered by Golf Evolution (Dave Wedzick, James Hirshfield, and iacas). Jim Burke, Harvard golf coach, was also in attendance to lend a hand. Although I didn't leave the class with a complete and full swing, I did gain an understanding and solid base upon...
I'll have to echo Scott's sentiments. It was indeed a great day with plenty of one on one instruction thanks to the small class size and the four instructors we had on hand. As some of you know, I had some apprehensions in taking the class because of prior bad lessons and all the nay-sayers against Stack and Tilt who told me I'd be wasting my time and money. I am glad to say I proved myself and the nay-sayers wrong. Although I do not yet have the full swing down and...
Bring rain gear too folks, the forecast isn't looking any better and now they are forecasting some good wind as well. We had golf ball size hail here this morning from a thunderstom that rolled through quickly. Going to be that kind of weekend in the North East it looks like. Sunday: Showers likely, with thunderstorms also possible after 2pm. Cloudy, with a high near 72. Breezy, with a south wind 8 to 11 mph increasing to between 18 and 21 mph. Chance of precipitation...
Shot a 64 on a 9-hole, par 32, course today. I am still trying to learn how to swing the clubs properly. However, I did manage to shoot my first par today on a short par 4 hole.
Do I need to bring anything other than my clubs? Will there be a lot of notes to take during the theory part of the class? Edit: Weather forecast is not getting any better.. courtesy of NOAA: Sunday: Showers likely before 2pm, then showers likely and possibly a thunderstorm between 2pm and 3pm, then showers likely after 3pm. Cloudy, with a high near 68. Northeast wind around 9 mph. Chance of precipitation is 70%. New rainfall amounts between a half and three...
Stretch, I wish I swung half as good as that right now. Hopefully the "Erie Gang" will be able to help you polish it up a bit more on Sunday. They are going to have their hands full with me on the other hand.
Four instructors to seven students.. I like that ratio. My Stack and Tilt book arrives tomorrow so I'll be sure to do some reading before Sunday.