or Connect

Posts by GolfBear

Dude looks like he was hit with a tranquilizer dart!   Who sits that way?   Oh, Jason Dufner does! :)
My local range sells balls in increments of 35.   For me, 35 is too few and 70 is way too many for me.    It seems that by the time I get to the 70th ball I'm just whooped.   It's probably worth noting, that my typical range session goes something like this: 5 really soft slow sand wedges to loosen up 10 pitching wedges 10 7 irons 15 5 irons 5 4 irons 5 hybrids 5 3 wds 10 drivers 5 pitching wedges
Didn't Nicklaus also start his swing with a slight forward press?    If I recall correctly, he didn't he do that with his irons?
Rubch,   I tested drivers extensively on the range and only bought the Nike after I confirmed the numbers on the launch monitor.    The shots on the range had the right trajectory and distance but I wanted to check the spin numbers.     When I bought my new i20 irons I did the entire fitting based on the statics and trusted that if the numbers were right, the irons will be fine.
I was lucky, I was fitted on Wednesday and my clubs arrived on the following Thursday.   You would think that something as simple as being an inch shorter wouldn't be much different than choking down on the grip for better control.   Heck, I do it all the time when I'm in between clubs.   Strangely, when the full set is an inch shorter it changes everything.
I got my i20's last Thursday.   To be candid, I've really struggled making consistent contact with them.   I seem to be hitting everything on the toe.    I was comparing them to my old clubs and realized that they were a full inch shorter than my old clubs.   My initial thought was that we either screwed up the fitting or someone messed up when they made them.   I took them down to my local Golf Galaxy so I could compare the lengths to the standard black dots on the...
A few weeks ago I was reading something about foot position with the driver and someone posted this picture.    From what I understand this is from Hogan's book and it clearly shows him advocated for a more closed stance with the longer clubs and woods.       I've been doing this for about a month and I think I've hit one hook in the last 10 rounds.   I've never driven the ball better.   I'm a believer!!!
Sai-Jin,   It's always ok to use score as a motivator.   After all, that's the ultimate object of the game, to shoot a lower score.   Just don't let the score become so important that it ruins your enjoyment of the game.   I keep thinking of additional questions to ask you.   Do you plot your misses?   For example, this isn't my card but it's how my scorecard (before I started using Golflogix) used to look:     I also mark what side I miss the fairways...
It really looks like a lot more "checks" than it really is.   Then again, I've been doing it for 34 years.   I find that when I play my worst I'm playing what I refer to is "brainless" golf.   I just walk up to the ball, pick a distance/club and swing.   When I play my best I'm actually working to minimize my mistakes.   One thing I did leave off though is to make sure you're accurate and honest with your distances.  I'm not doubting your distances but it won't help...