or Connect

Posts by GolfBear

For reasons unknown to me, or perhaps its the billions of dollars being spent by advertisers, but I'm consumed with the thought of new irons this year.   I almost jumped in last year with the AP 712's and held off but the new Ping i20's keep whispering "hit me, come on, you know you want to, hit me".   The thing is, I love my current irons but they're getting really long in the tooth.   I'm playing a KZG forged CB2's with Rifle shafts.   They feel great and I hit...
If I'm not mistaken, Green was in a pretty bad accident and lost both his girlfriend and dog.   Life has not been kind to Mr. Green.   I've never heard of Gantz but I do remember reading a lot about Tommy Bolt.   Apparently he was a legend when it came to tantrums and self abuse.   On of my favorites was a story about him going over to some kind of thorned bush and backhanding it repeatedly until his hand was bleeding profusely.   I believe he was heard to be saying "that...
Ken Green makes Tiger look like an altar boy!   Fortunately, know one knows who Ken Green is/was! :)   Tiger does get an exponential amount of exposure when compared to his peers and that means EVERYTHING he does is going to be on camera.   I'm not making excuses for his and you'd think a guy with his "discipline" would be able to control himself.   I do admit it gets a little tedious listening to him yell "damn it Tiger" every time he doesn't stick it next to the...
I really doubt that the stuffed shirts that are the "members" of Augusta would enjoy shooting 160 every time they they played a round.    I'm positive the course they play isn't set up anywhere near tournament conditions.    When you set the course up to Master's tournament conditions it's an entirely different animal.   Personally, I think the biggest challenge a lot of amateurs would have playing Augusta is adjusting to the slopes.   It's one thing to be a low handicap...
I don't believe you asterisk wins based on who is in the field.   If that's the case then you'd have to put an asterisk next to a lot of Nicklaus's records.    For that matter, everyone that one when Tiger had his meltdown.   Let's not forget, before his wife tried to kill him with a 2i, he won the U.S. Open on a broken freaking leg.  
Tom Watson is the best wind player I've ever seen.   It's not even close.
Bubba's got a bit of Mickelson in him.   Sometime you just need to take your foot off the gas and hit safe shots to win the tournament.   Both he and Phil love to engage in heroics and sometimes it costs them.  Sadly, neither of them seem to be able to hit a fairway in the clutch.   I will admit though, Bubba's short game was exceptional this weekend.  He's really smooth with his wedges.
It's been a while but I got a change to play McKenna Resort when I was on my honeymoon in Maui.   I remember it as a great layout with some fantastic & memorable holes.
I think Foley's going to destroy what was left of the Tiger we once new.   Nothing Tiger is saying any more makes any sense.   He says "I'm getting better compression on the ball now".   Isn't this the same guy that hit a 4 iron a bajillion yards out of a bunker to about 10 feet.   WTF does he need more compression for?  The guy used to be one of the best iron players on the planet and his swing "coaches" are destroying the natural ability he had.  I'll give the Foley...
I would say that might be true if it wasn't for the season with the ladies.   Half the girls on that season could play and Carling and Sara don't embarrass themselves on the LPGA tour.