or Connect

Posts by GolfBear

Are you the same genius goof was hitting golf balls against the side of his house?    Yeah, you're a real genius!   You've got no chance.   I'd give you a year and you wouldn't come close to breaking 80.
I think the answer is simple.   You don't average 285 to 300.    You probably think you do because you haven't measured it accurately.    You've probably hit a few bombs that roll out to 270ish or maybe even 300 and you translate that rarity into a "I average 300".  I once hit a drive 320 but I average about 260.   The real question is, who cares how far you hit your wedges?  The important question is "how close to the flag do your hit your wedges".   If I hit my lob...
People seem to forget that Kobe raped a girl and he's #2 on that list.   Tiger may be a total pig but he didn't do anything illegal.
I like this idea a LOT.  It gives you something to think about other than a pure swing thought.   I'm going to give this a try this week! :)
Haters gonna hate.
Ben Crane is the PGA's version of Bill Murray.  The guy is freaking hysterical.   Bubba in the overall's is absolutely priceless.   Ironically Ricki Fowler seems to be the least comfortable of the group.   It's nice to see these guys let loose once in a while.   They play under tremendous pressure and scrutiny and things like this reaffirm that some of them are just regular guys with amazing talent.   If you haven't seen Ben Crane's other videos you should...they're...
Justin is completely delusional.  The guys goes on about almost breaking the course record in the opening then proceeds to skull a wedge and miss 2 putts.   What I love most above the nutball is that even after getting beat for the second time he says "I could take all these guys anytime".   Robert has no business being on the show.    I've watched all the episodes and I've yet to see him hit a single decent shot.   It's disgraceful that he's even on the course.  ...
My favorite thing to do at a tournament is watch the pro's warm up at the range.   The last tournament I went to Kevin Na didn't make the cut.   Now Kevin isn't a top tier PGA player but the kid sure does work hard.   On a Sunday, instead of going home, he was at the range hitting sand wedges for THREE HOURS.    He literally stayed on the range for three hours hitting wedge after wedge.   I don't think he missed his target by more than 15 feet all day.   That kind of...
I've been reading a lot of reviews of the R11 and color seems to keep coming up.  I don't understand why people are so hung up on the color?  Hell, I'd play a magenta driver if I hit it well. :P
I'm far from an expert on swing theory but I used to be a competitive athlete so I know a bit about athleticism.   It seems to me that in regards to a golf swing a "balanced" approach would be a lot easier to repeat than one that requires a movement of all of your weight from one side of the body to another.    That's not to say that a full weight change swing can't work, it just requires exponentially more timing to pull off.  Since our margin of error in a golf swing...