or Connect

Posts by martytilma

If your willing to spend $300 on a set of Irons I would suggest buying a new set, but buy a prior year model that's on clearance.  i.e I picked up a brand new set of Calloway x-22 tours for $315.  Most places will fit them for you for free and like other people have said, that will make a huge difference!!
Age: 38 Height: 5'11" Where are you from: Michigan How Long have you been Playing: 23 years Best Score: 70 Favorite club in the bag: Any wedge Golf Books / DVD's that have helped you: Golf my way, Mickelson's secrets of the short game, Golf Digest. Where do you play: West Michigan area Best courses you've played so far: Thousand Oaks, Pilgrims Run, St. Ives. Things you enjoy most about golf: The Challenge that the game presents. Goals for...
The hole that I used does have a slant to it, so about half of the balls have break to them.
Been chunking a lot of approach shots lately and tried this drill out. Seems to be helping! http://www.thegolfchannel.com/golf-v...rer=vgpresults
That's a great drill too! Take 10 balls and try to chip them into a 3 foot circle. Keep doing it until you score 8 points out of 10 balls. 1 pt inside circle and 2 pts in the cup.
Been doing this drill now at least once a week and up until today my best was 63 without a miss. This afternoon I finally rattled off 100 in a row without a miss. The last ten seemed like 10 footers!! Great drill!!
I often play a par 3 course by my mother-in-laws house that has no rating or slope. Does anyone know what the average rating/slope of a par 3 course is, or is there a way to somehow get a rough estimate? The course is not that long, meaning there are 2 holes under 80 yards, but the greens are horribly long and almost impossible to putt on, but I finally shot par on the stupid course this weekend and want to log my round for handicap purpose. Most of the time I just...
I think this would cover it, but not sure?? 25-1b/8 Player's Options When Bunker Completely Covered by Casual Water Q. If a player's ball lies in a bunker completely covered by casual water, what are his options? A. The player may play the ball as it lies or: (1) drop the ball in the bunker without penalty at the nearest point, not nearer the hole, where the depth of the casual water is least — Rule 25-1b(ii)(a); or (2) drop the ball behind the bunker under penalty...
1. People who tell me that they haven't played golf in 3 years and rarely ever play, yet went out the other day and shot a 75. Really? Do I have gullible tattooed on my forehead?? 2. I play a lot by myself, so I hate foursomes who refuse to let me play through!! Come on!!
No way your hcp should drop that much with 8 rounds being calculated. I would ask what formula they are using? Everyone in the league that I play in knows the formula so there are no questions!