or Connect

Posts by gogolfing

No need to get bitchy boys... The original post ended with 'what do you think?' If you only wanted to hack down others with other thoughts on the subject then don't ask the question... it seemed to me from the original post that you wanted a variety of opinion, not just your own.
The Rhapsody are their ladies club line. I went to a Ping Demo day today and hit the i10's, G10's and s58's. I was looking at replacing my G2's to get away from the offset and also get a lower ball flight (I bought my G2's three and half years ago when I got back into golf after hardly playing for about 7 years; they were a great club for what I needed, but it was time to move on). I found the i10's to be exactly what I was looking for. They're smaller than the i5's,...
An Oilers fan in Calgary... you must be a popular guy
I've had my G2's for a little over three years now. I've had the lie angle checked twice on them and they've always been good. Other than a few scratches on the soles from rocks, they don't look much different from when I bought them. Grooves have held up well too. I'm going tomorrow to a demo day to try the new i 10's as I'm looking for something with less offset. The G2's were my first set of Pings, but the quality of product and customer service has me staying with...
I've taken lessons in the past from various Pros and paid usually $40-50 per lesson. I never quite clicked with any of them, and felt liked I wasn't getting a lot out of them. Then, this past spring, I went to a local golf academy and ended up signing up for a Coaching Program. It includes 12 lessons, a e-lesson (which shows initial swing, mid point and final swings on video with comments from my instructor which I can go to anytime on the web) and unlimited use of...
I run 3 days a week; anywhere between 6-12 km (about 4-8 miles) around a lake we have here. It's a great trail that is easier on the legs than running on pavement. It really helps conditioning over the last few holes. I also play hockey (I'm an Oldtimer now (35+ league), so games only, no practices) once a week in summer and 2-3 times per week in the winter. This isn't always as good for the golf game. It's a great workout, but skating posture can be hard on the back...
It isn't winner take all as someone said earlier, there's money for the top three, and then the usual prize money for the tournament itself. I'm giving it a chance; Tiger has said this week that it is his intention to play all of the 'playoffs', which most are speculating is pay back for the PGA Tour supporting his own tourney. Phil has said he's in the first and last only, so we'll have to wait and see how the players respond. I think it's too early to condemn...
Either of Mark Frost's, The Greatest Game Ever Played (about Francis Ouimet winning the U.S. Open) or The Grand Slam (Bobby Jones) are great books. Combine history with golf...
Go Habs!!! What, no other Canadiens fans out there? I think Bob Gainey and his level approach is taking them in the right direction; though it was quite disturbing to see Briere pass up more $ from Montreal to go to Philly (all the more reason for me to hate the Flyers:) I also play in a winter league, and play every Friday night in the summer with a bunch of guys who just want to get out for a skate and a few beers afterward.
I know of his history and place in the game, but I've always found Gary Player to be a pompous, self-righteous ass. I think this is just another example of it; when I have seen him on the Golf Channel, he is always preaching about something, whether it is fitness, eating or how to play a shot. Goosen's comments on the Open coverage yesterday summed it up for me. If Player is going to come out with this stuff, he has to name some names so he doesn't paint all pros with the...