or Connect

Posts by gogolfing

CBS sure has better coverage all around, from its full HD to its announcers. NBC could take a lesson from them to see what golf on TV could be.
I think he made a stroke at it, so I'm assuming he's being dishonest and hurting the integrity of the game. I couldn't stand his bit at the PGA, and I think he is a schmuck. He can take his attitude and Tobasco shirts down the road as far as I'm concerned. Though, I still laugh every time I see the replay of him busting the putter over his head.
This was more my point; I know there is a level playing field, it was just more the timing of the whole thing. Almost like 'we've had some bad press and some of the top players are pissed, let's not pile it on'. It just seems from some of the interviews over the last three weeks (Tiger, Phil, Ernie) that the players are becoming more and more disgruntled with the Commissioner's office.
The announcement today that the greens at East Lake are in critical shape is just more bad news for the tour. Apparently they have known for a while, but have not said anything to the players until yesterday? While I have enjoyed the Fed Ex Cup because it has spiced things up, I can't believe the amount of controversy over the past three weeks. I think the attention is coming to the tour for the wrong reasons; does anyone think Finchem is on thin ice here? Or is the fact...
From Canada, so domestic, I like Slemans and Okanagan Pale Ale, import, Becks and Stella are my choices.
Go Eagles!!!
At my course, the seventh tee is next to the ninth green, with the clubhouse right there. A few times, I was 2 hours to the seventh tee because of tournament groups ahead, and walked in not wanting to be out there for six hours. One story from the past: When I was about 14-15 (mid 1980's) I worked at the course shagging balls and cleaning clubs. Myself and another junior member went out in the summer around supper time with one of the Assistant pros. He was a good...
I agree it's their decision to play or not, but I don't feel sorry for them with 4 tournaments in a row. After East Lake, the top guys may play one or two silly season events, and over the last few years some of the top guys have even skipped the Mercedes and just started playing the Hope or in San Diego. Give me a break, four weeks, and then pretty much 3 or months off. Not a bad gig. When Phil won and he called out Finchem, I think he was using a forum that was...
Kramer: Full retail's for suckers!
I live in on Vancouver Island. We have pretty good weather, but from November to March, it can get wet. I just have good rain stuff: rain gloves, Dry-Joy Jacket, Nike Rainpants, good shoes, and cord grips. With an umbrella, it's not too bad. Plus when you go out the rounds are quick as the course is pretty empty. I found the key is to not focus on the weather; as soon as it starts to bug you, you get frustrated and have no fun. If it gets in your head, I wouldn't bother.