or Connect

Posts by fr0sty

If the GPS is not accurate enough for this, why does the analysis give you distance to the hole in feet for approach shots?It seems very inconsistent to me to say that the marking the hole location is unimportant becuase the distances won't be accurate and telling me I hit an 8i to 9ft last week in the same breath.
Is it realistic to think you can put four guys, their luggage, their clubs, and their travel bags into a mid-size SUV? When I go on a trip to Florida with some guys we are lucky to get four guys and their luggage into a minivan or a full-size suburban.   It gets even worse if people want to bring their sarcophagus cases instead of a soft-sided travel bag...
 That makes sense. GG was shorter right? If they are just measuring Lat/Long differences and ignoring elevation they will show shorter distances than the laser. What distance did you laser? What did GG say? With that info it is a simple trigonometry problem to guess the elevation change.
Well I'm out. Typed up my post for the 8th and never submitted it... 5/8: I'm getting geared up for a round tomorrow so I spent a good ten minutes today (spread out over several mini-sessions) confirming my address and top-of-backswing positions, making some slow swings paying attention to weight placement, and hitting a dozen short chips into (or at least "toward") my bucket trying to glide through the ball rather than stabbing at it.   Hoping to break 80 tomorrow, but...
5/7: Spent 5 minutes on mirror work for my putting stance this morning. Take stance, check in mirror, back away, repeat.   For some reason I have started hunching up and getting everything out of position which in turn makes everything look wrong when I'm standing over the ball which then kills the old confidence (and leads to horrible, horrible, things like 4-putts...)
 The big changes are to plane (returning club closer to address angle, currently I am more upright), and delivering more shaft lean at impact to lower launch. Idea is to get the ball lower and lefter that I used to hit it. 
Played down in Florida last week and made a hash of things for the most part:   First day was a real horror show. Lake Buena Vista (Disney course). Four balls in the water, two OB, hit only 6 greens, 41 putts (Yikes) for a 99: http://www.gamegolf.com/player/frosty/round/309718   Second day, Magnolia (Disney again), moved up a few sets of tees, kept the driver in the bag, hit 9 greens, only 32 putts, shot 81: http://www.gamegolf.com/player/frosty/round/309719   Third...
As I have been making some swing changes this year I have started to suspect that some of my equipment may be ill-fitted for me.  I hesitate to schedule any fittings because my swing is still in flux but at the same time I worry that working with ill-fitting equipment may be causing me to make bad adjustments to accommodate my existing equipment that I will just have to undo later on.   What does TST think? Will my fitting specs change drastically as I make swing...
5/6: Short chips into the bucket again this morning. Can't decide if this is just a really hard motion to groove or if I'm just bad at it. I was chipping balls with my lob wedge off a little turf mat into a shallow bucket set about 4' away and was having an awful time of it (both ways, either a thin, stabby thing or some double-hits).
My name is Mark Frost. I am 34, live in West Chicago, IL, went to Wheaton College, got a BS Computer Science, and currently work as a computer programmer. I've been married for 7 years and have two boys (4 and 2). I joined this forum about 5 years ago and can generally be found hanging out in the rules forum.   I started playing golf when I was about seven (can't say for sure) My father picked up the game from his father and I did the same. I played for my HS golf team...