or Connect

Posts by fr0sty

That better be a teaser for the longer write-up you are working on...
Two stories:   In high school I took a line-drive to the chest from a freshman teammate. We were playing adjacent holes, both in our right rough. I was about 50ft away and not far enough off line and he pushed a 3wood right at me. It left a welt, but not too bad (kid was barely 5ft) and didn't exactly crush it.   A few years back I was playing with several foursomes down in Florida. The group in front had just cleared the green on a par-3 and was waiting on the next...
    Serves me right for doing no research whatsoever... BTW, @Lihu GameGolf now has a 'missed shot detection' feature which will identify where you 'may' have taken a shot but forgotten to tag and marks them for review when you upload your round. EDIT to add:I looked at his profile and he hasn't posted a round since May 15th of last year. Looks like he may have given up on it.
 Maybe the GameGolf people could hook him up with one of their systems. That could be interesting to watch.
 The question is: "is it more of an acheivement (harder) to be 5' from the pin after 3 shots on a par 5 than to be 10' away?" The resting place of the first two shots, by themselves is not relevant to answering that question. Speaking to the original scenario, it is entirely likely that the fellow who reaches the par 5 in two will be able to putt the ball closer than the others who are chipping, pitching, or hitting full shots in to the green so the point is moot (not...
 Mea Culpa @ColinL and @Dormie1360. I edited the previous post. The portion of rule 25-1 quoted above is down at the bottom and I stopped reading after the procedure for "through the green" which says: Which I contrasted with the procedure for an embedded ball: Serves me right, dashing of a half-considered reply...
Firstly, @Dormie1360 I agree that the player may clean his ball, but only if taking relief from the embedded ball first. If he decides to take relief from the casual water first then he loses the option to then get relief for his no-longer-embedded ball. Secondly, relief from an embedded ball (dropping "as near as possible to the spot where it lay") is not likely to get you relief from the casual water so the second procedure will almost certainly be necessary. Thirdly, a...
But relief from casual water does not allow you to clean your ball whereas relief from an embedded ball does. My understanding is that you treat each situation individually and sequentially. EDIT: Rulesman posted the decision I couldn't find. You do treat them individually and in the order you choose.
More correctly, that's an expensive 2 rounds of golf. I'm not sure how many cuts you can expect to make playing off of a 3 or so...
This is from the summer of 2013. A 5wood, I believe.     This is pretty typical of my 'before' swing.   According to the filename this was the 4th video I took with my little Kodak camera and it was taking videos like this that motivated me to start tweaking my swing.