or Connect

Posts by ujjwaldeb

i had the exact same problem - could draw my irons but not the driver. What i struggled with was the alignment of my body and shoulders to the right of the target. Whenever i tried to do that, i would hit the ball in all sorts of directions as i guess my body was compensating for what it saw as a misalignment  (i nearly decapitated a guy on the next mat once , earning myself some dark mutterings!).   Finally figured it out this weekend at the range - what worked for...
Thanks , rustyredcab and mps67 for your comments.   mps, I hadnt noticed the closed clubface at the top - i think it maybe because i take a very strong grip, because my release is not that great. I'll work on that at the range.  Also, I sometimes shorten the backswing , especially when i'm looking for accuracy - maybe i should make that the standard.   rusty, i checked out the moenorman site - i hadnt actually heard of moe before, but the videos look...
Hi guys,   I took up this crazy game about 2 years ago. Currently have a EGA handicap of 21.6.    I wanted to get some feedback on my driver swing.  My distance is about 220m (carry + roll) off the tee. if i'm hitting it well, i have a slight fade - if i'm hitting it badly, i have a pronounced slice :)   I noticed that most people at setup have their arms hang down and then their club shaft at an angle to the arms. My arms and club shaft form a straight line...
following up on my post from Friday(my first birdie), i almost shot my first eagle today ! 340 mtr Par 4 - smoked the drive so it was right in line with the 100m marker, the 9 iron sailed high and long , landed on the green and rolled within a few inches of the hole - however, it kept on going and ended up about 5 feet away. Inevitably, i lipped the birdie putt and had to settle for par, but it was a good experience nonetheless !
Just wanted to report that i got my first birdie ever today and then followed it up with another on the next hole ! The golf gods were out in force... The first one was pretty fluky - hit the tee shot to just short of the green on a 160m Par 3, about 50 ft to the pin but a pretty weirdly sloped green - pulled out the trusty PW and landed the ball on a small hill from which it curved left to inexorably get in the hole ! Pretty darn great feeling , i can tell you that !