or Connect

Posts by GDIB_net

I think your consistency would be learned and helped if you could develop one shot that could be used in a lot of greenside situations. May I suggest, take your 6 iron, use your putting stroke and grip and learn yourself how to play the shot.You will be amazed at how easy it is and at how many different lies and conditions it will handle. Have fun with it, play the game. Good luck . GDIB
I think the whole "butt out " thing results in a concave arch in the lower spine
I think one of the worse things to come to golf instruction in the last ten years is the whole "STANCE" thing. Shoulders back, spine arched, butt out----THING. If you want to study the stance, take a look at Mr. Hogan and Mr. Snead. There is nothing out or in or arched or pinched. They have one thing in common. To me it looks like they're athletes trying to stand so they can hit a ball. Good luck. GDIB
There are as many unique grips as there are swings. Put yours hands on the club in the most comfortable way that allows you to use the tool.After all you wouldn't need a lesson to show you how to hold a sledge hammer, broom,shovel, scalpel, steering wheel, etc. Good luck dude. GDIB
AJ Bonar has a great short game video. I suggest you check it out. It's very simple and I've seen it in action. Good luck. GDIB
Whistling! Wow a great word picture. If you don't mind, I'd like to use it someday. GDIB
My heart goes out to you.Been there ,done that. And with a toonamint coming up----yikes! Here is something that has actually helped me. I used to play alot of basketball and I wanted to have the same mentality about putting as I did about shooting a free throw. What i came up with is --I read the putt and pick out the spot right in front of the ball and I mean right in front the closer the better. And all I concentrate on is rolling the ball over the spot.It's not as easy...
not understanding how to use the clubface to make the ball go where you want it to go and how you want it to get there.Good luck. GDIB
WOW! This may be the best question I've seen on this board.I've been an addicted swinger for a long time.Would love to be a hitter.Actually would like to do both at the same time. GREAT ? thx GDIB
Food for thought. Jack Nicklaus' clubface was "open" at impact and I believe he faded the ball to 18 Majors. GDIB