or Connect

Posts by ryebread442

1. Jason Day (-13) 2. Peter Hanson (-11) 3. Kevin Streelman (-10)
Francesco Molinari -9 Alvaro Quiros -11 Matteo Manassero -6
Jonathan Byrd -10 Anders Hanson -6 Aaron Baddeley -8
I agree with iacas on this one. There was a course in my area (5880 yards from the normal tees) that had par 3s at 130,118,149, and 165 yards in length...until the beast at 16 which was listed as 195 (except the normal tees were moved to the back tees at 215 yards). It also featured trees on both sides with a slope on the right that even further penalized the unfortunate hacker. After they renovated the back nine, it morphed into a dogleg par 4 by clearing out the woods...
I was known as "Ryebread" during my high-school golf years. No real significance, my coach was just playing on my first name. A buddy of mine got "Stumpy" that year because he had a tendency to hit his putts fat. 
Nick Watney -6 Ben Crane -5 Francesco Molinari -4
Martin Kaymer- 276 J.B. Holmes- 278 Webb Simpson- 279
When I was young, my dad would go out every Sunday morning to play with my uncle and a rotating duo to round out a foursome. My uncle made a pretty impressive-looking trophy and they would all play net golf. Lowest net won the trophy, defending champ got to come back next week, and if you forgot to bring it, you were out of the running for that round. He usually got home around noon and I would always ask him who won (usually, not him) in addition to listening to his...
I know coaches actively recruit (my coach stalked out the Maryland State Championships), but it never hurts to give coaches a call or filling out an academic interest form. Since you are still a sophomore, my advice is to keep doing what you are doing now (since you can shoot around even par, you are obviously doing a good number of things right). If your grades are good and your game follows, there's no doubt that a team will pick you up. Also, remember that you'll have...
I played for three years at Stevenson University in Baltimore, Maryland. It's a Division III program (conference: Capital Athletic Conference), but there are some pretty good players. Usually, I was just one of the utility guys that went to minor tournaments or filled in with guys who couldn't make it due to class. We usually played a bunch of southern Pennsylvania courses like Hershey C.C., Links at Gettysburg, etc...   The program was in its infancy when I was a...