or Connect

Posts by drPheta

Tried out the Adidas Inertia glove this past weekend. The golf clubhouse had them for $11, and I needed a new one. It's comfy, snug, kept me dry, and looks new after 18 holes. I gotta say, I'm impressed for $11. I'm temped to try the Exert.
Rutgers golf course looks very nice. I'm playing there tomorrow. Yipee!
Don't buy new clubs cause they're the latest "technology." Buy them because you A.) need to replace worn clubs, B.) have no clubs to hit with and can afford them, or C.) have money to burn. They won't make you better, but you'll force yourself to get better because you'll need to be more consistent to shoot low scores. That said, if you are motivated to practice and improve tougher irons will be nice to have. But, if you're looking to just buy something everyone else...
Figured as much. Thought I was crazy to have a 3 wood in my bag.
I was told that only good golfers carry anything with a 3 in their bag. I.E. 3 wood, 3 iron? What's that about?
I have the HTC Incredible, rooted, and running Android OS 2.2 (FroYo). With the stock 1300mAH battery, I can make it through the round on a full charge... and I'll still have about 25% battery left. Even still, I have a 2150mAH extended battery that I use for golfing, and I know I'm getting through the entire round no problem. If you're worried about your battery dying, you could intermittently open up the app (just send it to the background by pressing the "home"...
Do you guys have Android, iPhone, or BlackBerry smartphones? Lots of apps will get the job done w/o a subscription. For Android, I'm using SkyDroid. It's a user-based system that is free. Users define the golf course database by mapping couses online (from your/their computer) and then the map is downloaded to the phone. So, really the only limitations are you need a data/reception where you golf, and you have to map (or hope someone else mapped) the course already. I...
I was given solid advice to start off with a 4-pw set and grow my collection as I learned what I can hit and where. Over the several months I started out, my PW was consistently landing me 100-120 yard shots. I could cut the swing down to get 50-70ish yards, and this really developed a lot of control for me. Getting out of bunkers wasn't so bad with the PW, and neither was a close chip onto the green. So, do I need a sand wedge? Absolutely not. However, this past...
Was that he same ref from the England v. Germany match? I kid, I kid.
LeBron has/had every right to go where he wanted to. Play with whoever he wished, so long as they accepted. That's the basis of free agency. Where LeBron really ruins things for basketball, his fans, and his legacy lies in the following: 1. He said, "I got a goal, and it's a huge goal, and that's to bring an NBA championship here to Cleveland, and I won't stop until I get it." http://www.nypost.com/p/blogs/knicks...f8Xda3KlGTLz8O That's a bold statement to make,...