or Connect

Posts by pendlebg

The only way this makes sense to me is if and only if I get everything right in my swing and the club gets back down parallel around the hip, then my right hand is free to pretty much fire as hard as it can in that last split second through the ball (and I sense the momentum of the swing drives that more than I force the right hand into action, so it is still somewhat a result of a good swing for me) . If anything goes wrong in the swing between takeaway and that point,...
I had the same problem and did 2 things. The first , and most important was fixing my overall swing. Many of my flaws were present in my irons, but I got away with it because they are easier to hit (instead of a snap hook on bad swings it might be a pull). However, out of all of those, the #1 thing that I had to change to hit my 3 wood was to stop being overactive with my hands. Relative to where I was it felt like my fix came once I felt I was doing nothing at all with my...
1) Developing 3/4 swing to tighten the circle I aim for, dropping distance on every iron by 10 yards at the same time. 2) Develop reliable FW Wood and hybrid swing to stretch out over a longer range of distance (see above not where irons are being shortened, need more range with woods/hybrids to make up for that) 3) Put Driver in the fairway more often End goal is to increase GIR's from 5-6 per round up to 9 - 10 per round.
Tampa / St. Petes area always good. Have had friends go to Inverness, just north of there and had a very good time. Many, many choices in Florida. Curious if anyone has ever tried South America? I know it is a much longer flight which makes it tough for a one week trip, but maybe 10 - 11 days (2 weekends bookending a week) would make sense. Argentina would be nice in the winter I am sure. If anyone has done that please share any details about whether it is worth...
yes that does suck but hopefully someday. Nice picture, when I was there the overhead entertainment was a little noisier, about every 20 minutes - half hour about 2 or 3 F-16's or F18's (I am not a military jet guy but they were low, fast, and loud) buzzed the course. Very impressive and glad I saw then (no idea if buzzing jets is par for the cours,e so to speak ) , certainly but made it harder to putt if they buzzed you on the green but an added element to the...
It has been a long, long time for me so my memory is fuzzy, but if you are across the bay and not far from Berkeley, I remember playing a course that is in a park around Berkeley that if I recall correctly, I enjoyed, very nice scenery and some very hilly holes as I recall. The name was Tilden Park and was also reasonably priced. Others with more recent memory might tell me I was wrong, but I think it is at least worth checking into.
1) An early spring 2) Good weather for the week I pick to go to Florida and golf this winter.
Read Extraordinary Putting by Fred Shoemaker (I think). Some of the text is a little flaky but the drills are very good to try and tackle the mental side of putting, which has a direct relationship on the physical part of putting. I was an average putter at best and working on those drills has made me above average. On a recent round I had 27 putts, which would never have happened before I started working on the drills in that book.
Although I am not sure about the weekends, I am pretty sure if you are there at 4 - 5 am you will get out with no problem. Definitely ask the locals and the starter when you go there Friday. The putting greens are right there by the parking lot, I did not see the range as I was teeting off at dawn, there would appear to be no problem practicing. If you are a 12 then breaking 95 is certainly doable, if you stay out of serious trouble and keep the 3 putts to a minimum...
Ok, I just got back and played the South course last week. Here are my tips 1) Locals told me it is quieter this time of year. I showed up at 4:30 (still on east coast time so not a big deal). however those that showed up as late as 6:30 were still able to get on as far as I could tell. I was not there on a weekend and both the South and North were open so that might make it easier, cannot say if going on the weekend would be easier. If you can go Monday - Thursday it...