or Connect

Posts by ghalfaire

I voted no.  The courses I play have green speeds that can vary a lot from one course to the other but doubt any have a speed over 10.  I have never noticed any significant difference in time to complete a round because the green were fast.   Slow players are slow and IMHO would be slow if the greens were at 5 and holes were 24" diameter.  The would still take 15 practice swings, change club at least twice, throw grass in air 4 times and never walk more than 5 feet from...
Keep statistics on your game is probably a good idea.  But how each parameter (GIR, Fairways hit, etc.) you choose to track affects your score will vary with the individual.  So giving some thought to how each statistic relates to your final score is also a good idea.  For example if you have a great short game it might not really affect your final score much to improve your GIR statistic.  The other danger I have found, in my case anyway, is you can begin to play to...
That's something.  Guy must be tough.  Around here you worry about bees (the African kind) and the rattlers are coming out of hibernation early this year.
Why do they lie about distance (especially driver distance)?  Same reason as men do a lot of stupid things, testosterone poisoning of course.
I have never heard  the term but I would think this is correct; e.g. the low handicap player plays scratch and everyone else has their handicap minus the low handicap player's handicap.  This is the common way of handicapping a match play game.
  Well I wouldn't want to turn this simple fan pole into a grill room conversation but I don't have to agree with someone on every issue to be a fan.  Plus I would have to say I have never heard Bubba say anything that would justify the above.  Maybe he did, but if so I sure never heard it.  
Yep, that's it.   He seems overwhelmed with his good fortune and situation today.  Nothing wrong with that and I suspect given the circumstances of his youth he feels blessed and maybe he is.
I voted yes.  How can you not be fan of Bubba's?  Great golfer with a home grown swing.  He is "Duck Dynasty" with a golf club.
First come, first serve?   I don't know for sure but there are courses that you just have to show up and put your name on the list to get to play.
I can only answer that with it surprised me too.  But the numbers are the numbers and I found that the strongest correlation was keeping the ball playable off the tee (I now hit 3 woods and 3 irons off tees on tight fairways).  This often leaves me with missed, not by a lot, of greens.  But I have a reasonable short game from inside of 20 yards or so and often get down in 2 and sometimes 1.  So my scores are better when I don't have shots on the score card that I didn't...