or Connect

Posts by ghalfaire

Seems as if there should have been a third choice of "I wasn't planning on buying an Omega watch and still am not planning on buying an Omega watch", e.g. the ad did  not affect my life in any way.
I enjoy watching the LPGA and do often but not necessarily more than the PGA.  But I can relate to the LPGA game better than the PGA where players routinely drive 300 yard par 4 holes.  
FWIW: I believe the secret of good putting is believing in yourself.  More than any other part of the game putting requires confidence.  When on the course and you're addressing your putt you have to believe you're going to make a good putt.  How you gain that confidence is probably a personal process, but for me it was spending time on the putting green trying different putters, techniques and learning to read the breaks until I felt comfortable I had the correct putter,...
My story is I was born with a bad temper and a short fuze and it cost me some in my early life.  So when I took up golf many years ago I was not very controlled on the course.  Then one day I wrapped a 9I around a tree and it occurred to me that I wasn't getting paid to play and if I was  not enjoying it why do it.  So I took a significant hiatus from golf.  I don't remember how many years but more than 10.  When I did decide to return to I did so with a new attitude and...
I have decided I would post again, first post on this was 2012,  since I now have has some experience with GolfTec.  A friend of mine recommended a specific teacher at the local store and I signed up for the Swing Analysis session, $50.  I liked the Pro and I liked the set up (engineers love gadgets) and I also liked the program the Pro described.  However the cost was a little concerning since you had to sign up for a series of lessons but the idea that if you're going to...
I am not sure there is any such thing as a "conventional swing" and if you tried to describe one you would get a lot of conversation with golfers of differing opinions.  As to loss of distance with S&T, that has not been  my personal experience.  Maybe some at first but it would seem that any loss in club head speed has been more than made up for in efficiency of finding the sweet spot at contact.  In any case golf is about how many, not how far.  I have noted that with...
I agree that with the longer clubs and in particular the driver, thinking about "right shoulder down" doesn't work well, at least for me.  I try to think of staying "centered" over the ball instead of flat swing.  That is because when I try to swing flat I tend to sway but if I think stay centered I seem to make better contact.  Sometimes it is helpful for me to think about swinging around my left hip with the driver although that isn't conventional wisdom.For me any...
I would agree that it is really not very practical or maybe not possible to compare the achievements of athletes from different eras.  Just too many things change over the years and there really is no consensus on what specifically constitutes strength of field.  
I am Sorry IACAS but I can't help myself.  If for a moment we assume that Tiger's and Jack's  major records are of identical achievement then you can say X/Y=7/9.   In other words for Tiger's record to equal Jack's one has to believer the strength of field in Tiger's days was approximately 29% more difficult than in Jack's day.  For whatever that is worth to anyone.  
Sort of for the record I was only considering Jack and Tiger and which was better since they both had 4 majors a year opportunities.  I wasn't arguing that either was the GOAT as there are some other pretty good "sticks"today and in golf history that ought to be a part of the the conversation of who is the GOAT.