or Connect

Posts by ghalfaire

Just for drill here if the probability of the individual college guys getting it right is 50% then the probability of both getting it right is 25%.  Theisman's opinion would certainly be more meaningful in the sense he is more skilled and more experienced than the college players.   However he does have a dog in the fight so to speak and maybe isn't as objective as he might be.  No I am not calling Joe a liar, just involved in the game with an interest in seeing the game...
I agree with this.  As I understand it the balls are nominally inflated to 13 psi +/- 1/2 psi.  What I heard on the local news was that the Pat's balls (11 of 12 anyway) were under inflated by 2 psi.   That is a 15% reduction in the specified pressure.  I would think a professional QB would know that felt different and question it.  A linebacker (who's name I forget) started this whole thing by questioning the ref after he intercepted a pass and thought the ball "felt...
I guess my only comments is I doubt there will be any suspensions or any meaningful punishment ($25K and a draft pick is a joke).  If this were golf and an illegal ball was used in a tournament the intent of the guilty player and/or their knowledge of the ball being illegal would not be an issue.  Is the specifications of the ball in football less important than in golf or is it the rules are less important?     I agree the Pats would have badly beaten the Colts in any...
You're right, thanks.
So what do you guys/gals think about the NE Patriots and deflated footballs?   For Whatever it is worth, I think the game with the colts would have been the same outcome even if the balls were "properly" inflated.  Having said that cheating is cheating I guess weather it be on purpose of by accident.  Certainly is in golf anyway but we'll await the decisions to see what it means in the NFL, if anything.
This is cogent advice and if followed you will be OK.  Carpe Diem (seize the day) and remember you're not at work.
I remember an interview with Jack Nicklaus years ago where he was ask "why do so many professional athletes from other sports are attracted to golf after their professional careers are over?".  Jack's answer was pretty insightful I believe.  Jack said it was because no matter how well you play you can always see a couple of three shots you could have saved on the course and so golf is always a challenge.    In other words you probably never do as well as you think you...
I am one sigma right of the mean.
First I always look around for a free tee on the tee box.  Of course I always wait until it is my turn so as to not disturb others.  Darn things are expensive and I just don't understand why people leave their used but perfectly good tees laying around after they hit.  More money than sense I guess. 
To the first point, yes, either a vanity or sandbagger is difficult to get away with as a club member.  Of course if you're a brand new member you might get away with it for a round or so.  But after a round or two it usually is obvious. To the second point a vanity handicap isn't always harmless albeit not as damaging as sandbaggers.   To the last point, at our club there is a handicap committee that oversees this.  Sometimes they "adjust" a player's handicap for all club...