or Connect

Posts by ghalfaire

I like the way it turned out, but it was unexpected as I thought Anthony had the best game of the bunch in spite of his annoying ways.  But I am pleased to see Jimmy in the finals and I really didn't have a favorite in the other match.
I voted no as I doubt that the definition of "amateur is consistent around the globe.   So, as was true years ago in Basketball, our amateurs would be competing against what would be professionals in this country.
I don't know that I think it would speed things up.  But I don't see any reason to not permit range finders.
$8K probably won't buy a round trip ticket to Turkey. 
While I don't have a problem with permitting laser range finders on the tour I some how doubt it would speed play by an appreciable amount.  As some others have said the distance to the flag is only one consideration of many go into club and shot selection.
This makes more sense to me than a driver which is both less lofted and longer length shaft being more accurate than a 3 wood.  
My list is too long, but here are some of the top ones.   Thankful for surviving long enough to be old and yet still in pretty good health.   Thankful for my family    Thankful for being born into a family that taught me how to take care of myself, being born with the tools to that, and for the wisdom to know I should share my success with those not born with the tools or the family support I was.   Given the above I am also thankful for being a USA citizen and...
I would have to admit that it seems unlikely the Marshall didn't know he stepped on the ball.  But not impossible as sometimes when you have your mind on other things you might not notice stepping on a ball, especially if the ground is damp and the ball just gets pressed down.   As a second comment I'd have to believe you can tell if a ball has been pressed down as opposed to being in a natural depression.  This regardless of the Marshall's action or inaction as the case...
I'll say it again.  It is difficult for me to see how anyone who plays the game can argue with the general premise that being longer is better.  I think most are thinking about the driver when they comment on this thread.  But there is a lot more to it than just driving the ball longer because if you're 15% longer than your buddy it is very likely with every club.   Even on an executive course it is an advantage if your hitting wedges to 120 yard greens and your buddy is...