or Connect

Posts by ghalfaire

Boogielicious is correct we are way off topic.  My apologies to the OP.  This is my last comment on this thread.  All I am saying is that different people have different views of what the Confederate Battle flag stands for and can make reasoned arguments to support that view. I won't address the Japan thing as you can read for yourself how the US denied the flow of Oil into Japan prior to Pearl Harbor (beginning July of 1941 I believe) and part of that denial was use of...
Matter of fact many Japanese believe we started the war by having a naval blockade of their country.  The facts are we did blockade their country prior to being attacked to stop Japan's expansionists policies.  So who started the war between Japan and the USA is a matter of perspective.  Before I get called names I follow the tradition belief that we were attack and we responded.  But I have spend some time in Japan and have learned they have a different view of how and...
Glad you've done enough studying on the subject to make an informed decision on what the Civil War was all about both in the South and North.  I can see from your post you're a person who considers a question from all sides before making a "reasoned" decision.  I would concur you don't "put BS up front" to hide your character.
I hate to mention this because I know how emotions flare on this subject, but the CSA flag and the Confederate Battle flag to some people represent an effort by their ancestors to defend their homeland against a Northern invader who would not allow them to secede from a union they had voluntarily joined and no longer wanted to be a part of.  When you read your history books remember who wrote them, the winner did.  I think one should also remember before they get to...
Well I wasn't born in time for WWII but I am a veteran of another era conflict a long time ago.  I didn't ever really smoke until I was in the military and the Red Cross GAVE us cigarettes when we were overseas.  Yes I said it right, the Red Cross gave us cigarettes free when I was overseas.  Talk about how times have changed.  Anyway I quit smoking 25 years ago and probably the best thing I ever did for my health (one of the more difficult things I ever did too).  I read...
I would and did (shortened the driver for more accuracy).  I have all my drivers (both of them)  shortened to 44.5".  For me it helped quite a bit but I don't keep distance or Fairways hit statistics so I can't tell you how much if any distance I lost or how much I improved my Fairway hit %.  I can tell you I keep the ball in play more and my handicap has gone down in part because of very few OB, water, and unplayable balls from the tee box these days.
  I would suspect that Trump donated the course and took his normal rental fee as a tax deduction.  Although I don't know that for a fact but I have to believe most businesses "donate" some or all of their normal fees for charity events.  So I tend to agree with the upper quote that cancelling the event at the Trump course is a symbolic gesture as I doubt it hurts Trump financially.
Well the answer to the OP is clear as far as I know.  Golf has a "right" to do business with "the Donald" or not as golf sees fit.  Of course "the Donald" has a right to his opinion and to voice it and others, like golf, have a right to associate with the Trump businesses or not.  In this country you have a right to say pretty much what ever you want, not matter how stupid or incorrect it is, without fear of retribution from your Government.  But your fellow citizens also...
I am not a Medical Doctor (thought I should do some truth in advertising) but I have had some experience with "sprains and ruptured tendons". Both from personal experience and close friends and family.  Broken bones probably heal quicker and better.  Ruptured tendons take awhile to heal.  So even if they are minor tendons and you won't do yourself damage by continuing activity it very likely will be painful for some time to come and more prone to re-injury.  That's not a...
Well I have gotten up there too and am certainly a senior citizen.  But years ago I played with someone probably 25-30 years my senior and we had a beer later (on me).  He said something I have not forgotten.  That was, "son you need to learn the game is not about how far but about how many and when you do you'll be a better golfer".   Not that hitting the ball a long ways isn't fun or even advantageous if you keep it in play, but it isn't necessary or even required to be...